Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do it. I find it extremely hard. My scouts look like the were painted balck, then green, then had snakebite leather dumped on their heads and left to dribble down, until they were covered. I need your help desperately.

Ta!

·
Registered
237 Posts
also try to use only two or maybe three colours, and within these three colours make sure they arent radically different, try to keep it consistent and look like the surroundings its going to be in, my scouts are codex grey, fortress grey and black, as mine are cityfight scouts, also, use long, diagonal lines that curve gently instead of harsh zig zags unless it is city orientated....cheers

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, thin paints make your models sooooo much better. Also, those things they always tell you to do in the books (ie drybrushing and inking) can make your models look incredibly good, and are not hard to do.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant be bthered to drybrush things and use inks and all that

·
Registered
346 Posts
That doesn't make sense, you start a thread in a painting forum but " can't be bothered " doing the little easy things to make your minis look good.

GW minis aren't cheap and what's more are of a fantastic quality, they really do deserved to be painted well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
what ink should i use for a camo which is goblin green with splashes of Dark Angels green, catachan green and graveyard earth?

·
Registered
21 Posts
When painting some tanks that were predominatly green, I used a mix of (wait for it) brown, blue, green and black (just a tiny drop) inks, thinned down quite a lot with alcohol/flow enhancer mix. This was on top of a layer of Lifecolour US Olive Drab, which isn't 100 miles from the colours you're using. Top that with a few drybrushes and it turned out OK. The mix may sound a bit odd, bit it worked out well once drybrushed and then given a very, very, very thin black ink wash to unify the colours.

If you're doing camo, the best recommendation I can give is to hotfoot it down to your local model shop and pick up one if the guides you can get on WW2 tank colour schemes. As these are done for modelling purposes, they will generally have colour plates (side views and suchlike) of the stuff in question. You can get books for tanks, infantry, etc. Pretty useful, all in all.

Cheers
Malc

·
Registered
878 Posts
In the newest WD there is a whole article about this. The one with the crazy chaos tree in the front? It's all about the Catachan Camo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.