Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two exalted hero models on foot and was wondering on which magical items I should give them? And how to use them to full advantage.

My army so far

1 lord on jugger
1 mounted Sorceror
1 sorceror
1 exalted hero
1 exalted hero

15 chosen
12 chaos warriors
20 maruders
10 warhounds

7 chaos knights
7 marauder horsemen.

I plan on getting more infantry soon, maybe a demon prince and some spawn! :sinister:

Thank you for reading and any advice you can give me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
How many points do you wish to play? Giving this information will be vital for choosing magical items, army composition, etc.

How would you like to play the army? Heavy combat? Heavy magic?

Also, needs more warhounds for cheap sceen units.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would say make one of the exalted heroes a BSB for sure. Specially if you're doing a lot of infantry, Put him with your warriors and you'll have a nasty unit. The other hero really depends on your play style, but I would stick him with the marauders. The Chosen can take care of themselves. I personally rather have another sorcerer or save the points for 18 warriors (6x3 formation) but since you asked on how to kit them here's a few ideas that have worked well for me.
Exalted hero of Khorne
Axe of Khorne
Chariot of Khorne
Although risky because of STR 7 attacks and fliers that can kite you forever this little man has caused a world of pain to blocks units. Screen properly with some warhounds and you have a 9+d6 str5 attacks and 4 str4 attacks on a charge. 2 armor save for your man helps a lot.

For a defensive and nasty hero you can also do this

Exalted hero of Nurgle
Filth Mace
Enchanted shield
This gives him a 2 armor save, and poisoned attacks and with nurgle lowering the WS of you opponent and with your 7WS chances are they'll need 5 to hit you. Put in on a unit with marauders with flails and you'll be causing terror when he kills someone in combat.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many points do you wish to play? Giving this information will be vital for choosing magical items, army composition, etc.

How would you like to play the army? Heavy combat? Heavy magic?

Also, needs more warhounds for cheap sceen units.
I plan on making it a nice 2000pt army. I plan on heavy combat but also included two sorcerers to counter enemy magic. Yeah I could do with ten more warhounds!

Thank you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ooh I didn't see you already had 10 hounds on the first post. My bad. You generally don't need more than 2x5 hounds. But that's for all-cav armies, don't know if the same applies to foot-slogging armies.

Exalted of Tzeentch
Armor of Morrslieb
Talisman of Protection
Shield
- 175pts
* Our Exalteds have enough statline to fend off other heroes/normal infantry. Buffing up on the defense will add more chance for him to kill more for another turn. 3+ WSv against normal attacks, 5+ WSv against everything else, including 3+ AS. You can add a Great Weapon for more killy potential.

Exalted of Khorne
Axe of Khorne
Shield
Stream of Corruption
- 195pts
* Very expensive, but simple and killy. The Stream is his one-shot defense when about to get charged by an enemy model/unit. Str3 no AS is unexpectedly useful against fast-cavs (and to some degree, mounted knights). Can also work to thin down enemy units before charging a hostile unit the next turn.

Personally I don't like Exalteds on foot. Giving them a Barded Steed doesn't cost much and yet gives them more AS and much needed mobility. Another idea is toput them on chariots. They can be very killy this way, but can be killed/rendered useless easily. If you do use a Khornate Chariot, stay away from impassable terrains lest you'd be baited into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.