Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps,

I have accumulated numerous heads, torsos, arms, swords, holsters, grenades, shoulder pads, trophies etcetera etcetera from my thousand sons, chaos terminators, berzerkers and chaos marines models.

I am wondering how to use these. I was thinking of decorating the environment with torn up (legless) bodies, but it seems like such a waste (cause the quantity is so high). The online GW store in Australia does not sell legs separately (I think), but I could use green stuff to make legs (and disguise the ugly bits with the holsters).

Plus: where are the grenades, holsters and tiny swords and knives supposed to be stuck onto on the models anyway?

All tips appreciatied =)

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
if youwant I can do an even trade with you.
i'll take your chaos bits, mail them to me and i'll mail you my Orc and SM bits :)

bit for bit. lol :p

If you want to use your chaos bits and strewn (right tense?) your battlefield with your own men's broken bodies (not that Chaos would care but..) theres a few things you can do to use them.

1. GreenStuff. You have legs....get yourself some green stuff and make yourself some custom "posessed".
tack on the arms and the heads and the other bits making more men for your army.

2. Altars to the Chaos gods. make some nice scenery and make some altars, or other repositories for bodies post sacrifice. always a crowd pleaser.

3. THe Defeated. There is a nice pic on the GW site of a bunch of dead Ultramarines piled up and actually make a great bit of chaos scenery. (i hate the Ultramarines so maybe i'm biased but...) Make a nice central pile of sculpey or whatever to make the "mass" of the pile, then glue the body parts around it, stacking them..feet out.....heads out....arms out..make it look "not planned" then paint them. heck paint them another chaos army... because no one likes competition. :)

link to picture is here: (Ultramarines in upper right hand corner.) **ADMINS sorry if this is against forum rules..I didn't see anything about no posting links to their site.**
LINK HERE.
HOW TO MAKE IT HERE

·
Registered
368 Posts
You could cover a piece of terrain with glue and then throw the spare bits over it and pretend it was the result of an explosion!

Another thing I've seen is people make snipers by making greenstuff gilly (sp?) suits and then have a leg bit sticking out and such things like that, it's a great way to add units to your army while spending zilch.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
I put the space marine helmets i had left on the belt of marines with bare heads, to give them the appearance of having just put of their helmets for a sec, ready to put them back on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the holsters look weird when you attach em, hmm. I like the Sacrificial Altar idea, though I may go for additional units (or even make some multi headed giants, heh)

·
The Alchemist
699 Posts
Throw 'em in a box till you need em for headswaps and things, or swap them with people for other more useful parts - i.e skulls for decorations, spiky bits or weapons...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like to use mine for a bunch of random things like body parts on razorwire terrain and stuff like that.

All modelling ideas aside you could always box them up and sell them on ebay. You'd be suprised at how much coin you can get for a good box of bits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.