Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new codex around the corner and much more information how are you thinking you will fit the new rules and units into your army?

As a tanith player I was really bummed as Gaunt has not appeared in any rumors or summary sheets and is almost officially MIA. However the rules for the new commissar lord looks like it could do a decent representation of gaunt. And with veterans moving to troops and having the oppurtunity to take camo cloaks (or so they say) I think I can finally show a true tanith army.

A small, elite force of lightly armed veterans. Occasionally they'll fight alongside other, more conventional regiments, such as the volpone blue bloods (carapaced guard with storm troopers), the narmanian 1st (leman russ's, lots of them), the serpents (bassies and other artillery) or the pardus (mobile infantry).

Overall I'm optimistic and looking forward to the new codex.

How about yall?

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Personally, I am planning to go with so many psykers it will cause the immediate vicinity to go swirly. Primaris Psyker as one HQ, and multiple Psyker battle Squads.

I also have a conversion for a Primaris Psyker vaguely planned.

I want to get the Commissar Lord model and make him into M. Bison (of Street Fighter fame),using cotton wool purplified to make the glowy flames around his hands. Plus this gives me the right to shout "PSYCHO-CRUSHER" every time he uses Lightning Arc.

Of course doing this might require me to rename my regiment the 1st Retro.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I want to try the skimers. Fast IG is a novelty. Maybe a mechanized company of veterans suported by basic Leman Russ and Vendettas.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I am going to go with my basics :D

Lots of Tanks

Lots of Guardsmen (with a couple commissars to keep them from running) to protect the aforementioned tanks

And lots of Guns, for those guardsmen, who will shoot anyone who gets too close, to the tanks!

But I am also gonna try out all the new crazy units, like Psyker squads (will help alot against Fateweaver), Penal Legion, all the Special Characters (Creed&Kell!!), new LRBT variants, Stormies and of course the new skimmers :)

All in all, it's gonna be awesome.

·
2,076 Posts
Personally, I am planning to go with so many psykers it will cause the immediate vicinity to go swirly. Primaris Psyker as one HQ, and multiple Psyker battle Squads.

I want to get the Commissar Lord model and make him into M. Bison (of Street Fighter fame),using cotton wool purplified to make the glowy flames around his hands. Plus this gives me the right to shout "PSYCHO-PRESSURE" every time he uses Lightning Arc.

M. Bison says Psycho Crusher!
otherwise cool idea.

I think plenty of men and plenty of tanks is the best way to go, with the odd fancy thing thrown in for fun.
I want hydras, at least 2 of them!

·
Registered
356 Posts
4 units of vets with 3 special weapons, and a nice big platoon sitting on a home objective backed up by a couple tanks or 3. We finally have the ability to be deadly on the run, not just relying on our chim to kill stuff.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm currently painting up more tallarn infantry in anticiapton of the new codex.

If the rumours are true I'll be using a maxed out platoon and a unit of veterans as my two core troops choices.

Have invested in some old ratlings (since their bandanas can be painted to match my tallarn head scarfs)

Desperately trying to find the bits for my leman russ sponsons since taking them now seems viable rather than only taking a hull mounted heavy bolter.

If I cna take stormtroopers as troops I'm really tempted to do an Airbourne guard army mounted in valkyries. I'm sure everyone is thinking of this, but we'll have to wait until the new codex is realesed to find out if I can do it.

By the way, the best price I can find for the codex is £12.50 including P&P does anyone have it any cheaper?

·
I Sincerely Want a Parrot
462 Posts
Objective grabbing wing of 2 Veteran squads mounted in Chimeras with Camo Cloaks and Snare Mines (whatever they do), some Storm Troopers riding a first class Vendetta, a base of 2 Infantry Platoons to increase the command squads issuing orders, 2 Demolishers, and a couple anti-tank Lascannon teams. So 1 Static element/1 mobile element.

But, more and more I'm leaning toward a Mechanized/Air Cavalry list of Veteran squads riding in Chimeras, Stormtroopers riding in Valykries, Hellhounds, and Spearhead Sentinels. I just can't decide if I want to invest the time and resources into uber-expanding my Guard, or, if I want to add a couple shiny new toys and then start collecting Orks.

·
Shrug, k...
1,350 Posts
shrug on how my list will end up on the tabletop but my collection as a whole is moving from an just infantry company to an entire (us) Marine Air Ground Task Force.

currently got an infantry company of 3 infantry platoons and weapons platoon (which counts is currently my command platoon) each w/ 3 squads each, a section of MBTs for armored support, 4 recon sentinels, and 2 stormtrooper squads.

edited: (decided to work in my hellhounds and demolisher to cut down on purchases and utilize current models)
will be adding:
2 mechanized platoons (will consist of squads in 6 chimeras supplemented by 2 hellhounds),
2 valkyries for air support (stick either 2 infantry squads in them or my two stormtroopers squads),
1 more MBT (along with my demolisher to finish off the tank platoon),
and 2 heavy sentinels (maybe add the other 6 more in at a later date)
... oh, and use the free Creed/Kell blister i got yesterday... might as well not let that go to waste either.

not sure how i'll work on it after all that; i really want to keep it pure human and contemporary-looking so will not include 'acceptable deviants'/mutants such as ogryns, ratlings, or psykers or artillery on the tabletop (ex. the Ordinance and Fleet advisors will still be included though not the astropath... unless i just convert him up as some sort of RTO).

and whether any of my stuff is actually competitive on the table... shrug. i mainly just care that my army looks awesome when i have it displayed on my shelf.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I already have a reasonably large army so there isn’t really a must buy for me, other than the new codex.

With what I have, three russ’, an Executioner, basilisk and a demolisher for armour. I’ll probably mount up most of my infantry, perhaps conscripts might be worth bringing back into the game (haven’t heard a great deal about them). My psykers might be of use now, and if commissars are cheaper they might see the light of day as well.

I don’t think I’ll bother buying any hell hounds now, they look pretty crap in the new rules, I’ll buy a couple of valkyries as and when and the command squad box sets will be useful.

Really for me it’s going to be just finding out the right combination of armour and infantry.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Since i run a Steel Legion army im going to go with mass mechanized veterans in chimeras with some standard leman russ and a leman russ punisher and then probably some drop troops mounted in valkyries or vendettas.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm probably going to go with an Armored Company, but maybe buy some more infantry and chimeras, in case i get bored and want a guardsman rush

·
Registered
140 Posts
Imma gonna stick with my standard shooty army, but I think I'm gonna bulk up on bassys, take 2 of them, with my standard centerpiece demo up front, backed up by all sorts of heavy weapon squads, and lascannon totting sentinels. and lotsa lasguns. All this against an infantry heavy SM army, or Horde Ork Army

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'll probably stick with something similar to what I'm running now (except sans grenadiers. Probably replace them with veterans). Once I get a few more Chimera and Sentinels ready I'll switch over to a more mechanized list. Might also try hellhounds to see how well they work in the new list, if they didn't completely neuter them. I'd try aircav in valkyries and vendettas, but that's a lot of money for one list, given that you'll probably be running 7 or 8 hulls. I may add them piece by piece, but we'll see.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Imma gonna stick with my standard shooty army, but I think I'm gonna bulk up on bassys, take 2 of them, with my standard centerpiece demo up front, backed up by all sorts of heavy weapon squads, and lascannon totting sentinels. and lotsa lasguns. All this against an infantry heavy SM army, or Horde Ork Army
Thats weird as my two main enemies as of now are and Infantry Heavy SM and an ork horde army also. lol creepy

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I'm thinking of a skimmer army, since vets are rumored to be able to take valks as transports and will be troops in the new dex, then vandettas in fast attack, a command squad n one of the FA vandets...

·
Armored Cav Addict
993 Posts
I think I'll be aiming for a good combined arms mobile force....I'm looking at a mechanized force, supported by fast vehicles, aircraft, and walkers....

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts

I want to get the Commissar Lord model and make him into M. Bison (of Street Fighter fame),using cotton wool purplified to make the glowy flames around his hands. Plus this gives me the right to shout "PSYCHO-CRUSHER" every time he uses Lightning Arc.

Savant/Tronics linked me here for this very reason, and it was worth my time to check it. I demand pics and paintings of this, I am a big fighting game fan and M. Bison/Vega/Dictator is the man.

-K

1 - 20 of 29 Posts