Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
but are the phage cells the same thing as the Mycetic Spores
Mycetic spores are the Tyranid version of a drop pod. The Tyranids use them to land on the planet. The phage cells aren't like normal phages. They are like tiny Tyranid workers inside the body of each Tyranid, the same way Tyranids are workers in their hive, or in the bioship they are spawned in.

Tyranid spores probably wouldn't cause the Orks to reproduce like mad. Plants, fungi etc will explode in growth after the Tyranids have mutated them. Often the huge numbers of plants about have already been absorbed in the Hive fleet and what is seen are their mutated, Tyranid-infected versions. Also what is often seen as an explosion of local plant-life isn't. It is Tyranid life only it's in plant-form.

If Tyranid spores were to speed up Ork reproduction then they would have a very strong effect on any Orks produced, such as hybrids forms or some sort of slave-race to be consumed. There are plenty of descriptions of humans becoming very ill because of the spores Tyranids release. Orks could become ill too but they are tougher and so less likely to get ill.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
thanks for the replies. im glad i made this post its interesting to hear everyones opinion and discuss it all. its almost scientific lol the magos biologists would be proud
Glad we could help, though I suspect the Magos biologis would probably have us all terminated for knowing too much about foul aliens.:secret:

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
to leech: if i can ask where did you get your information?
Let me think, Mycetic spores were an option in the old Epic Hive war and have been endlessly stated as being like drop pods.

The affect on plant growth I think was in White dwarf and/or the 3rd edition Tyranid codex. Also in one or more codexes it has been said that Tyranids introduce all kinds of spores to mutate and or create new types of alien life.

When Tyranids infect local plant life they mutate it, meaning Orks would become hybrids of some sort of they were to be infected, if no hybrids or then that means they don't speed up their growth. Often the effect of more plant growth is caused by just making the atmosphere better suited to it, as well as spores. Meaning a lack of Orks going mad or reproducing alot.

Though nobody can say how Tyranid affect the atmosphere or planet exactly with their spores to make more plants. So it's hard to say if Orks would be affected. It is likely Tyranid would use other means if Orks started multiplying too quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.