Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am currently running a lash DP in my list and i'm growing a bit tired of people giving me those looks when I lash their 4 plasma cannon dev squads into my zerkers and wiping them in 1 turn. Think there is a less "Cheese" build or perhaps an alt HQ which would be worth a competitive list's while?

P.S. I play 2000 points and am willing to look at ANY HQ

·
Registered
362 Posts
if you would use special characters i would say Kharn The betrayer......

but for a build i would either go for a DP whit wings and MoK or MoN

or a Lord whit Daemon Weapon whit Mok, MoN or MoCU (maybe a jump pack or Termi armour)

or a sorcer in termi armour or jump pack whit MoT Warptime and Bolt of Change.

this is what i would sugest :D.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Im currently working on trying the whole "SM Shredder" which is a lord + disk+ MoT and daemon wep

·
1,109 Posts
Try a bike mounted Lord with a mark of khorn and a daemon weapon.
He can melt units on his own with a minimum of 8 attacks all the way up to 18 on a charge he is a fun gamble. In a tournament setting I think the bloodfeeder is too risky, but lots of fun.

Or think about unleashing big daddy Abbadon on them, he is a monster.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are all great suggestions. I have one more thing to add though... My opponent runs 4 dreads with his SM (master of something allows that) and I will more than likely also face a great daemon player

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
how would DP w/ wings + warptime work? seems the same point value for a star MC CC

By great daemon I meant he was good with daemons lol *my bad

·
Registered
256 Posts
Kharn would tear apart the dreadnaughts in close combat thanks to the extra D6 for penetration he gets.

I also use a Sorcerer + MoT + Warptime + Wind of Chaos accompanied by raptors with meltas and IoK (and a champ with dual LC)

EDIT: Sorcerer is on a Steed, so the unit can move quickly together

·
The Singing Blade
1,037 Posts
Recoman's point about Kharn would be well worth taking into consideration as well.

The other unit he mentioned would be a great unit if you could fiti it in somewhere as well, Although I'd seperate the Raptors from the Sorcerer so you had the faster moving Raptors freed up for munching the dreads while your sorcerer WoC'd the hell out of enemy infantry.

~ L

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
It's easier to make these kinds of choices if you have a theme to your army.

There are a lot of great HQ choices, some work better with certain lists. How about you post your 2000pt list here and then we can give you better options to compliment your force?

·
438 Posts
I'll second dream-thief that if you just plan on using the prince to tank-hunt, you'll probably get a little more bang for your buck with MoK. If you plan on it doing well at anything else, Warptime is a better bet.

I've run a warptime/wind sorcerer before. Just give them wings or a disc and let them and thier raptor buddies play troop-mower. It actually works quite well since Wind + flamers typically thins out the crowd a lot before a charge, and then you get in a lot of attacks before a potential powerfist shows up. If you're careful, you can keep them going strong all game.

For a cheap killer of all things, Kharn is a good option. On par with a daemon prince in most fights, and he can hide from shooting in a squad.

·
The Singing Blade
1,037 Posts
I'll second dream-thief that if you just plan on using the prince to tank-hunt, you'll probably get a little more bang for your buck with MoK. If you plan on it doing well at anything else, Warptime is a better bet.
I was actually saying the case was the opposite, that if you were tank-hunting you'd do better with warptime, so long as it lets you re-roll for penetration anyway (which I'm no actually sure it does)

~ L

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's easier to make these kinds of choices if you have a theme to your army.

There are a lot of great HQ choices, some work better with certain lists. How about you post your 2000pt list here and then we can give you better options to compliment your force?
Thanks, I thought it would make people want me to post in the army list section so here we go!

2000 pts. exactly list

HQ:

DP (wings, MoS, LoS) -155pts.

Troops:

10x CSM (AC w/ PF, 2x melta, IoCG, Rhino) -255pts.

10x CSM (AC w/ PF, 2x melta, IoCG, Rhino) -255pts.

10x CSM (AC w/ PF, 2x plasma, IoCG, Rhino) -265pts.

10x Khorne zerkers (SC w/ PF,rhino, Personal Icon)-290pts.

6x Noise Marines (6x sonic blaster) -150 pts.

Elite:

5x Termi (MoT,4x combie plas, heavy flamer)-220pts.

Heavy Support:

Predator (las sponsons)- 130pts.

Predator (las sponsons)- 130pts.

2x Oblits- 150 pts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts