Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The current arguement with SM is that any HQ that comes with a weapon cannot choose to not take it... i.e. A librarian must take a force weapon in one hand and cannot replace it with something else. or a Chaplan cannnot drop the crozius arcanum for a pair of lightning claws. the codex isnt really clear about it.

what is the general concensus about this?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hmmm. That would make a lot of people's models unusable. Considering the flock of old converted HQ models with twin lighting claws for example.

I've never heard that argument before.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
The weapons they currently have can be replaced by weapons from the Armoury.. at least, that's the general ruling on most players, who tend to give things like those Lightning Claws to Chaplains, etc.

As far as I know, nobody has officially said that those models have to keep their specific weapons... though, in the case of a Librarian, I really couldn't see why you'd want to get rid of the Force Weapon. It's a fun weapon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Actually GW specifically cites an example in CA 2004(pg89, centre column) where they mention that a chaplain can drop his crozius so long as he does not end up with more than two one hand weapons or a onehand/twohand combo. It also mentions a terminator serg. trading in his weapons.

So in short yes, you can officially drop crozius's, force weapons, etc. if you so desire. Though the character is still subject to the normal weapon selection rules.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Plus by dropping out the weapons, you're spending more points(since the cost of the weapons was essentially included in the IC.)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sabe said:
Actually GW specifically cites an example in CA 2004(pg89, centre column) where they mention that a chaplain can drop his crozius so long as he does not end up with more than two one hand weapons or a onehand/twohand combo. It also mentions a terminator serg. trading in his weapons.

So in short yes, you can officially drop crozius's, force weapons, etc. if you so desire. Though the character is still subject to the normal weapon selection rules.

Thank you for siteing specific locations where GW actually clarified the rules.

Just because everyone says its ok doesnt mean it is. I've been to too many tournies and played people that say "well thats the way we play where i'm from" then I usualy say but the rules say otherwise.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, what Sabe says is true.
And for the record, same thing goes with the librarian; but as LostNemesis said "Why would you want to drop the force weapon?"

HPA

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sabe said:
Exactly- how many people give their vets or ACs power weapons/fists? Pretty much everyone. They don't have to make do with a chainsword do they?

And yes, force weapons are fun, unless they happen to be wielded by beardy grey knights players. Not all grey knights players, just beardy ones.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lost Nemesis said:
The weapons they currently have can be replaced by weapons from the Armoury.. at least, that's the general ruling on most players, who tend to give things like those Lightning Claws to Chaplains, etc.

As far as I know, nobody has officially said that those models have to keep their specific weapons... though, in the case of a Librarian, I really couldn't see why you'd want to get rid of the Force Weapon. It's a fun weapon.
Codex: Space Marines, p. 28: "A Chaplain can be given any equipment allowed from the Space Marine Armoury." and "A Librarian can be given any equipment allowed from the Space Marines Armoury."

Even though they come with weapons befitting their station, they aren't limited to them. The downside is that if you take away a Librarian's force weapon and replace it with a pair of lightning claws, you are effectively paying for a force weapon and a pair of lightning claws. The force weapon is included in the cost of the Librarian, but taking it away from him doesn't reduce his point cost in any way.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Phaet said:
The current arguement with SM is that any HQ that comes with a weapon cannot choose to not take it... i.e. A librarian must take a force weapon in one hand and cannot replace it with something else. or a Chaplan cannnot drop the crozius arcanum for a pair of lightning claws. the codex isnt really clear about it.

what is the general concensus about this?
This is not the case. If you wish to equip you librarien with a pair of lightning claws, that is perfectly viable. He loses the force weapon. Same goes for the chaplain.

Weve gone over this here many times, thread closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.