Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I made this list while bored, but as I love converting (and because I have most of the conversion parts already) I just might build it. What do you think?

HQ (245):

Arcite
+ Agoniser
+ Splinter Pistol
+ Combat Drugs
+ Shadow Field
+ Plasma grenades

Dracite
+ Reaver Jetbike
+ Power Weapon
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Plasma grenades

---------------

Troops (1805):

8 Wyches (Arcite joins here)
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
1 Succubus
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ Agoniser
+ Splinter Pistol
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Wyches
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
1 Succubus
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ Agoniser
+ Splinter Pistol
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Wyches
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ 2x Shredders
1 Succubus
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ Agoniser
+ Splinter Pistol
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Wyches
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ 2x Blasters
1 Succubus
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ Agoniser
+ Splinter Pistol
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Wyches
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ 2x Blasters
1 Succubus
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ Agoniser
+ Splinter Pistol
+ WWP
Raider
+ Horrorfex

9 Wyches
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ 2x Blasters
1 Succubus
+ Wyche Weapons
+ Plasma Grenades
+ Agoniser
+ Splinter Pistol
+ WWP
Raider
+ Horrorfex

5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
1 Beastmaster
+ Splinter Pistol
+ Agoniser

5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
1 Beastmaster
+ Splinter Pistol
+ Agoniser

5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
1 Beastmaster
+ Splinter Pistol
+ Agoniser

5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
1 Beastmaster
+ Splinter Pistol
+ Agoniser

5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
1 Beastmaster
+ Splinter Pistol
+ Agoniser

---------------

Fast Attack (448):

5 Reaver Jetbikes (Dracite joins here)
+ 2x Blasters
1 Succubus
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Power Weapon

5 Reaver Jetbikes
+ 2x Blasters
1 Succubus
+ Tormentor Helm
+ Power Weapon
+ Animus Vitae
+ Xenospasm Grenade Launcher

Total: 2498

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,583 Posts
The only thing I can comment on (because I like the list) are minor strategy ideas - so let me whisper a couple ideas at you.

I remember a thread where we were asking you to put in agonizers in your list because you had so many punishers - Now with this list and with all the agonizers I would recommend at least having the archite and the succubus of the squad have punishers (or just the archite). I know its kinda wierd to have punishers on wyches but I think the archite benefits more with the punisher more than the others.

The next idea is really a strategy suggestion but since you didnt mention how you were going to play this list I will suggest an idea.

Looks as if all the wyches start on the board, I personally would put one or two wych squads in the portal - the archite and another.

I would also try putting in at least one ravager in. With this list I would do something crazy like removing one wych squad and put in two ravagers in. One starts on the board and the other in the portal. Either all dissys or do the 1 dl 2 dis setup.

If the reavers are a total of 5 Including the succ then I would remove one warp beast pack and add to both reavers for a total of 6 reavers (5 reavers + 1 succ).

Not sure what your plan is with the xeno or the animus. I would put the animus on either the dracite or the archite. With all the Horrorfexs I am not sure you'll need the xeno but I like to see it work. Hitting a squad with xeno, if they pin then rapidfire them to death and if not charge in. Might as well take a trophy rack as well since the squad is naturally small.

Just ideas, I know you have a plan - please let us know, its like a puzzle with the last piece missing.:yes:

Reactions: Sareld

·
LO Zealot
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback dude! As for the punishers, they are just not wych weapons. I know that they will do better than agonisers when combined with drugs, but I´ll be keeping the agos for fluff.

KwiKwag said:
Looks as if all the wyches start on the board, I personally would put one or two wych squads in the portal - the archite and another.
Well, the warp beasts always starts in the portal, and so does any wyche squad that cant start in cover. Thats my standard WWP tactic, and it works fairly well.

KwiKwag said:
I would also try putting in at least one ravager in. With this list I would do something crazy like removing one wych squad and put in two ravagers in. One starts on the board and the other in the portal. Either all dissys or do the 1 dl 2 dis setup.
Again, the fluff gets in the way. I like to keep my wyche cult a pure wyche force, but I might occationally let my cult borrow my kabals ravagers, should I need it.

KwiKwag said:
If the reavers are a total of 5 Including the succ then I would remove one warp beast pack and add to both reavers for a total of 6 reavers (5 reavers + 1 succ).
The reavers are in squads of 5 reavers + 1 succubus = 6 chicks on bikes. I prefer to keep my assault squads in even numbers, as even numbers can take one more casualty before counting as under half strength.

KwiKwag said:
Not sure what your plan is with the xeno or the animus. I would put the animus on either the dracite or the archite. With all the Horrorfexs I am not sure you'll need the xeno but I like to see it work. Hitting a squad with xeno, if they pin then rapidfire them to death and if not charge in. Might as well take a trophy rack as well since the squad is naturally small.
The great plan with the Xenospasm and the animus was to burn 40 points. I chose to give them to a reaver succubus because the reaver squad is the most expendable in assault, so that I can afford to have the squad shooting instead of charging, and she got the animus because she unlike the arcite relys on strength, and because I need my dracite to be as cheap as possible so that she can lead the army in lower point battles. Have you got a better idea for a 40 point upgrade for this army?

KwiKwag said:
Just ideas, I know you have a plan - please let us know, its like a puzzle with the last piece missing.:yes:
The master plan? Kill the enemy :shifty: No really, Im going to use the speed to strike the most dangerous squads frist with my wyches, while I attempt to pin the remaining enemies, or at least just those who can threaten my wyches. The reavers will act as auxillary tankhunters, and as master decoys. Especially the reaver squad with the dracite will be a terror unit, drawing monsterous amounts of enemy attention while the regular wyches moves in for the kill..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.