Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to 40k, my friends just got me to start today and i decided on deamonhunters. I want a pure army of Deamonhunters and i was wondering if u guys could give me a list of a good combo of units so i can order them. Today i only purchased the 5 grey knight box so that is all i have. I would really appreciate it if you guys could point me in the right direction of a good starting PURE deamonhunters army =).

Thank you

·
Registered
707 Posts
Erm, you should perhaps have some more GKs, as they are a core troop choice. I just started myself, but I think you need some Stormtroopers (the Kasrkin models are awesome for this), and perhaps a couple of Chimeras (transport veichles). And you do need a HQ, so some models would be needed there.

So.. More GKs, some Stormtroopers (go with Kasrkin models), perhaps some GK Terminators, a couple of Chimeras, perhaps a Dreadnought, and some HQ models.

I still lack the Chimeras and the Dreadnought myself though =/ . This was just my attempt to help a little =) .

Hope I did. Have fun collecting your Daemonhunter army =) .

·
Registered
198 Posts
depends on what u want to do?

if u want a small elite force = go with GK

if u want more men = use stormtroopers

assulting = GK's with stormtroopers in transprots and with teleport homers

defending = GK with psycannons to form purgatation squad of for men + stormtroopers without transport

anyhting else can be a mix

HQ is up to u - GK is better but Inquisitor can be equipped as u want so it is quite personal and can become very powerfull (but u can't get Dreadnoughts or LR)

hope u can decide

·
Registered
425 Posts
Page 32, upper left, its in a box and says Important Note.

Says that Land Raiders, Crusaders and Dreads may not be taken if a Grey Knight Hero isn't part of the force.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I usually take a inquistor with:

Psycannon
3 Gun-servators
2 with heavy bolter
1 with plasma cannon
2 sages
and maybe 1 Mystic

this is usually a pretty solid shooting part of ur army

And i take guards men, dont give em any upgrades, and stick them infront of any thing valuable like grey knights because ur oppenent cant shoot though ur friendly units

·
Registered
707 Posts
Can I jump in here and ask an additional (or meyhap totally different) question?

If one has, say, NO veichles. And are up against Tau or IG, in 1000pt battles.

What do you take? What tactics/deployment routines do you all have?

Currently I have a gkhero/inquisitor, 5 Termies, 1 BrotherCaptain, 10 GKs, 20 stormtroopers, callidus, and vindicare assassins.

Any tips?

Sorry fopr bothering, I just thought it might be needless to make another post about this, and it fitted under the topic here =) .

·
Registered
707 Posts
Max, yeah I do... I was just trying to squeeze the last tips out of you people =P .

- Should I take plasmaguns for the Stormies? Why/why not? How many?
- Should I have 4 squads of 5 stormies or rather 2x10? Why?
- How do I deal with tanks, which the IG and perhaps the Tau have?

and so forth.

·
Registered
198 Posts
- grenade launchers for stormtroopers , they are antitank (up to armour 12) and anti men,

- meltaguns for stromtroopers to remove tanks and also battlesuits (i think)

- 2x10 man teams as they stay longer but if u want more firepower (or mobility) then 4x5 guve u more options

- meltaguns, dreadnought with lascannon and lord with hammerhand for tanks killing - i would take all as meltaguns are good assault guns (same range as plasma when moving), dreadnought is also awesome combact backup or can hold units in place instead of getting flanked, hammerhand means your lord can help out if he is near a tank or can teleport to back up against an assault

·
Registered
189 Posts
No, plasmaguns. 10 man squads, so that they will not run away immediately. My 10 man squads with plasma guns often take down entire squads of Khorne Berserkers. PLASMA GUNS! Possible the best non heavy weapon in the game. Plus it's damn funny when stormtroopers kill terminators.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I use only GKs. But everyone knows that I'm crazy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i am also trying to do a only GK army but am still deciding as i only have one squad so far

plasma are good but melta are beter if u are moving and i think Slai is going to use them as a meat shield(tell me if i'm wrong) and so melta can fire the same distance with better stats

·
Registered
707 Posts
I think I'll go with Melta, since my Stormies will be on the move alot, and its tank killing abilities are much much better for destroying veichles (when close up) . But then again 24" is a long shot.. And I can get a tank with them.. If im lucky. So the plasma are looking sort of good too... The Stormies wont be doing the main infantryslaughtering, they will be divertions, shields and tank killers in my army (meh, sucks to be them).

Thanks for tips, guys. Keep 'æem coming =P .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Stormies with Plasma Guns for sure......unless you like melta guns, or course. I tend to take plasma cos if they get a chance to sit still inside 12" of an enemy, its rapid fire all round.....yeah, the chances of a "Gets Hot" result increase, but the sheer firepower can suprise people and yeah - watch your opponents face when a terminator squad gets wiped.

Tend to go for 9 man units - possibly with a Vet. Sergeant and some wargear - maybe plasma pistol, purity seals, teleport homer for the GK fast attack, something like that.

For anti-tank - Lord with Chainfist or thunder hammer if you are feeling brave? Melta Guns/bombs possibly - certainly Dreadnoughts - they can pay for themselves more often than not with the lascannon/missile launcher combo and against light armour/troops too with Autocannon/incinerator - take some smoke launchers just in case.....thats pretty much ya lot in Pure Gk....in allied SM i take some Pred Anihilators and possibly devastator squad......the inquisitorial retinue can also be made quite shooty with multi melta and plasma cannon, but does tend to be a bit of a static fire magnet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
HQ-inquisitor lord wiv full retinue
4troops- 1 full grey knight, 3 stormtroopers with rhinos as upgrade
2 elites-OM inquisitor plus henchman, assasins (of your choice)
1 fast attack-grand master and bodyguard
1 orbital strike for heavy support

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.