·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
He looks rusty and gorey? Nice... ;Y

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
The metal parts look ace Dr Pickleston.
I love the rusted metal you've made, it looks very realistic.

What I think you should do next, how ever, is to define the skin-parts a bit more, as they tend to look a bit dark and unfinished.
You should strife to keep the feeling of them though, as they do look dead and mechanized... in a positive way.
Try using just a very thin bleached bone highlight, it might work. Keep it very thin, it's very possible to make it look both bright and dead.

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Personally I think the flesh should look a little more rotten, possibly with a tinge of rotting flesh/bleached bone. To me, servitors are basically dead anyway with mechanical enhancements keeping them alive as much as allowing them to do their job, so I reckon it'd look nice if you could do that. Liking the rusted metal though, looks nice ;Y.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
I like it mr. Pickle, but I do have a few comments, should you be willing to listen?

First up, I'm with And and several other posters, the skin is slightly disapointing next to the rest of the mini. I'd reccomend a further highlight or two (I'd say use dheneb stone mixed into whatever colour you used as a base coat, to make it pale and lifeless-like), then a glaze or two to bring it all together.
At the moment the shading seems very harsh on the skin, IMO.

Another thing I'd think about is the general definition of the model. While the metals are very nice, the various planes and panels are tending to blend into each other somewhat, which diminishes it's overall impact. A simple blacklining job would really help this out, especially on the areas the metallics meet the flesh.

Finally, try and get a little more contrast into the figure (I know, sounds strange coming from me). A nicely glowing LED-style eye would really help bring the servitor to 'life'.

Nice work thus far though dude.

-t.

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys the skin is the only thing I wasn't to happy with but wasnt sure what to do with it. The metals I like lots but they do blend a bit much. Anyway I'll take these on board and post another pic soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts