Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, the Battleforce is always a good option. If you don't want to spend that much money all at once, I would go with an XV-8 Crisis suit as a commander and maybe a squad of Fire Warriors or two, just to give you the basics.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Same for me,
A crisis for a shas'o.
2 boxes of firewarriors.

·
Registered
59 Posts
well if your short on cash just buy 1 crissis and one box of fire warriors (makes 2 squads of 6) but well same as always; 1 crissis and 2 box of fire warriors...
then i'll say a squad of stealthsuits, and a broadside... (after that 1.000.000 crisses suits more)

-for the greater good!
:a :a :a :a :a

·
288 Posts
Well Cooper,

There does seem to an echo in here. At least we all agree! <grin>

If you're on a budget (yeah, who isn't?) and need to start slowly then go for Codex: Tau, a Crisis suit for your HQ and 1 or 2 boxes of Firewarriors to give you two 6-12 man Troop squads.

If you're willing to spend about $100 US right off the bat then, as mentioned before, the Battleforce is your friend. Grab Codex: Tau and a Tau Battleforce and you're set. You will be able to field about 1000 points and have a good variety of units that will fill in your HQ, Elite, Troop and Fast Attack slots.

In fact, I've known people to just end up buying 2 or 3 Battleforces rather than individual box sets because of the cost effeciency. When you're done you'd have 6 Troops, 3 Elites and 3 Fast Attack.

Flavor to taste.

Welcome to the Greater Good,
Jon

·
Registered
335 Posts
You can use kroot as well. These monsters can massarce orks and are very useful for counter charging (my recent chaos opponent learned that well). And for only 7 points each and a shaper with 3 wounds and 5 attacks when charging, they can be great. Crisis suits are great marine hunters and have a very useful jetpack, while a etherial is risky, but effectively gives all your troops the equivalent of a mark of chaos. Fire warriors have a massive S5 pulse rifle and have the longest ranged basic weapon in the game. They can also be equiped ith a range of roles and options. Just DONT get them into cc, even imperial guard will massacre them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Against Necron, I prefer not to field an hammerhead. Thier submunition is not as effective, and vehicules get slaugthered by those damn gauss weapons. I really like Hammer's against those massed infantry armies (like orcs :) ).

I began by buying a broadside, because they look so cool.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I dont like the kroot you get with the battle force so when i bought mine i trade them for two blisters of stealthsuits. Hammerheads are great.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello All,.

I would recommend going to Ebay, there are tons of deals there. I for instance purchased a rare find for $150. All unopened in the box.

1 Battle Force ($90)
4 Additional Crisis ($60)
2 Broadsides ($60)
1 Hammerhead ($35)
1 Fire warrior squad($25)
2 stealth blisters ($15)
1 Stealth ui ($7)
1 ethereal ($8)

Total normally ($300)

So.... I would say patrol ebay

BTW.... First day in Kuwait it rained within 10 minutes, that night it fell below freezing and snowed in the middle of the night when i got up to use the restroom. It gave the ground a dusting if you can call it that, and melted around an hour before dawn. Now awaiting flight into iraq.

Hope you all take care, and are doing well.
-Vycan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.