Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i looked at an old white dwarf and saw a custom looking DA command squad. all models in robes and such.

Then i noticed their techmarine, their GREEN techmarine!

I looked closer and all of them had deathwing style shoulderpads with the broken sword, a command squad can only have 2-3 deathwing tops.

When did all of the sudden everyone think that just because the're chapter has its own codex they can throw out all the rules! only major difference of a DA army is companies 1 and 2, and their lack of veterans and assult squads i think. so why go over the top on everything then?

Being a former spacewolf player I'm used to not adhering to the rules but you know, there IS supposed to be a bit of conformity in military outfits.

As it stands, my DA army has NO ONE with robes, because that means inner circle! furthermore my techmarine is red, my apothecary is white, and my chaplain is black (armour colors i mean)

So far the most liberty i have taken is deciding to represent deathwing sergeants with white shoulderpads and red chapter badge. thats it! Well i also comendeared a sacred standard for a company who lacks a standard bearer, minor detail, but geesh.

So far my biggest kick in my new army has been the tanks
they ALL look the same!
the only differences are weapons, extras like pintle stormboltes and such, and the numbering system.

Right now i have 2 predators and a command razorback
my razorback has a command squad skull badge, my first predator is marked with the number "#1" and my second predator is marked with the number "2" guess what my third predator's number will be?

if your space wolves, throw the rule book out the window, your supposed to. but if your not, then at least try and remember that unless you have a preheresy 10k legion your fileding, you owe some respect to the standard marine organizations, deviating only where you HAVE to.

·
Knight-Champion
2,141 Posts
That's what I like to hear, respect for the holy tenets of the Codex Astartes, even from one of the chapters who do not embrace the teachings of Guilliman to their fullest. Do not concern yourself with the actions of others, for their lack of adherence to the great Primarch's words will be their downfall.

(well I had to didn't I, what true Ultramarine can resist the opportunity to praise the Codex?)

B)

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I agree completely Brother Chris!

As a battle brother of the Remigo Chapter I cherish the sacred words of Guilliman as well. Despite what everybody says he was our Primarch as well (check out the fluff of my chapter in the SM forum introduction thread).

Praise to Guilliman and the Emperor!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Yeah, praised be Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeentch! ^_^ oops wrong praise thread...

But hey how old was that WD? Maybe it was pre-codex astartes?

·
Knight-Champion
2,141 Posts
If it's a command squad, that makes it 3rd Edition - well after the concept of the Holy Codex was introduced - 2nd edition characters were all independent - one of the good features of 2nd editon if you ask me - I like command squads, but they lack flexibility.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
If you want more flexibility, there's a(n unofficial) rule in Chapter Approved that lets you put the characters in other units. Or you just don't take em at all of course :p !

·
Registered
581 Posts
Preach on brother! Can I get a halleluah?!?! (Okay, so maybe evangelist jokes might not be understood as well outside the US...)

Personally, I play BA, and I adhere very rigidly to the structure and organization laid down in the Codex Astartes, minus the few small variations which the Blood Angels have (you know, the helmet colors for squad types, that little Death Company...minor stuff:)). Space Marines are (not including Space Wolves and a few others) very organized, as any true professional military outfit should be.

Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 3 2003, 15:51
But hey how old was that WD? Maybe it was pre-codex astartes?
There is no pre-codex astartes. I have the old 2nd ed. books that came in the 2nd ed. boxed set and their techmarines are red. Maybe they weren't if 1st ed., but this is definitely much later than 1st ed. (probably 3rd).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, talk about 'give an inch take a mile'

I throw a little tidbit supporting military organization and suddenly the diciples of Bob G. (hehe) come out and start preaching. I think I'm gonna have to start a "No Ultramarines" thread as a reltaliatory action!

it was a 3rd edition codex, a recent one. it either had the rules for an IG tank company in it, or something about EOT.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Originally posted by rtsposer@May 3 2003, 22:12
Damn, talk about 'give an inch take a mile'

I throw a little tidbit supporting military organization and suddenly the diciples of Bob G. (hehe) come out and start preaching. I think I'm gonna have to start a "No Ultramarines" thread as a reltaliatory action!
Now, now, you know I'm not a big follower of everyone's favorite bureaucrat, old Robute, but organization in a military unit is pretty basic...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, is there /might there ever be plans for such a book as a Codex: Tacita? (Detailing advanced strategies for all armies vs. other armies, specific ways of beating things, etc?) Sounds like a good thing for Roboute to write... (for the SM section. There'd need to be one for each army, written by a special character. Like Asdrubael Vect calmly recording things on his ravager's computer, Inquisitor Kryptman making notes before he leads the celestians in... so on and so forth.

I should have made this a new thread <_<

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by rtsposer@Apr 28 2003, 09:30
only major difference of a DA army is companies 1 and 2, and their lack of veterans and assult squads i think.
Juss reminding u, DA can have assault squads, but you are right about them not having vet squads

·
Registered
581 Posts
Originally posted by xMysticx@May 11 2003, 12:56
Juss reminding u, DA can have assault squads, but you are right about them not having vet squads
I think he was referring to Vet. Assault Squads

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
halleluah!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't know what all the hoopla is about. My Crimson Tears are FAR outside Codex Astartes regs.. of course they ARE persecuted by nearly every other SM Chapter in existance. Ah well.. serve the Emperor, serve Mankind, and serve the other Chapters an asswhuppin' if need be..

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hey people they are GW, they do as they want... for good or bad...
Just because they are GW doesn't mean that they are the most devoted players...
Let them have their crazy set up, but know for yourself that you know you know better and can do better!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.