Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Zoanthrope fell off that little stand that was attached to the base, the thing is too top heavy. Does anyone have an idea of attaching my Zoan to a base and make it so the pewter won't bend?

·
Registered
655 Posts
You can pin it as Decado said. Of course, the problem is that the contact area is so tiny. What you need to do is increase that area. I just built up a -lot- of glue and I'm going to try to be careful with it until it falls off. Try increasing the contact area somehow. Take some modeling putty and sculpt it around the "stalk" and then try to glue the whole thing onto the base. If you glue some sand on top of the putty, it won't matter if you can't sculpt. If you surround the stalk enough, that should help.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Pin it.

Cut off the weird little nubbin that he's resting his tail on (no reason to make the long flimsy bit longer and flimsier). Drill a long socket up into the tail and run a pin down through the base. Bend the pin over on the bottom of the base and secure with a wad of green stuff or some cheap sculpey or something. Sure, the tail will drag on the base, but the mini will be stronger.

Also, you could make a broader, thicker base using corkboard, like these guys do, which would give you something meaty to sink a pin into and you'd be less likely to knock the thing over.

http://www.brushthralls.com/Basing2/index.php

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll probley end up pinning the Zoan; in past experances I have just used cut up paper clips, although I have a lot of floral wire laying around: is that too week for somthing as heavy as a Zoan?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The current models also lend themselves to the idea of snaking it around another model. While it's a bit more work, it would be a great conversion.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If the problem is that it's too top-heavy you could always add weight to the base which would make it much more stable without adding height to the model. I've used coins (2 pence for a 'thrope base) superglued on the underside of the base and/or plumber's putty packed and leveled underneath the base to good effect.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Snake it around a marine and angle the head looking down so it looks like he's going to blast the marine to pieces. You can also drill a hole through a marine and make it look like the Zoan is sliding straight through or coming out Alien style like the movies. 2 options for conversions. You could also build a small rock pillar and have it so he's creeping around it to fire over top.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
MouseC112 said:
Snake it around a marine and angle the head looking down so it looks like he's going to blast the marine to pieces. You can also drill a hole through a marine and make it look like the Zoan is sliding straight through or coming out Alien style like the movies. 2 options for conversions. You could also build a small rock pillar and have it so he's creeping around it to fire over top.
That's what I was thinking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts