Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you use a Commisar he gives a leadership bonus to the Officer in the unit he joins. Am I right in thinking that this bonus only applies to tests made by that unit. SO for example it would not be passed down vox or apply in a leadership bubble.

Ok, questions two. Since a commissar doesn't have the Leadership special rule. Am I right in thinking that if he decides to replace the officer then you lose your bubble all together?

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
I remember there being a thread on this a while back, but can't quite remember the outcome. I think it was something along the lines of the bonus being passed through the bubble but not the vox.
As for the Commisar Ld bubble - you are correct. The Commisar doesn't have the Leadership rule therefore if he caps the commander you lose your Ld bubble.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
I would have thought otherwise.

-A Vox allows a unit to use the officers Ld under slightly different circumstances to normal.
-The Commissar boosts the officers Ld (so he has LdX as opposed to what he had before).

For Q2), he doesn't have the Ld rule (as aforementioned), so he doesn't send it through the bubble, though I'll have to read up on the Vox transferring it the commoners but at a guess he wouldn't as the Vox modifies the bubble in effect.

-AFG

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
When you use a Commisar he gives a leadership bonus to the Officer in the unit he joins. Am I right in thinking that this bonus only applies to tests made by that unit. SO for example it would not be passed down vox or apply in a leadership bubble.

Ok, questions two. Since a commissar doesn't have the Leadership special rule. Am I right in thinking that if he decides to replace the officer then you lose your bubble all together?
You're right. At the end of the Summary Execution rule it says "for tests affecting the unit", so the extra Ld won't affect vox or the Ld bubble.

Yes, thats correct

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts

Question 1: Yes, to test affecting the unit nothing else, meaning no vox and no bubble

Question 2: Yes, HSO is DEAD

There were a bunch of threads in the past that discussed this isssue.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Although i agree with the above, in that the wording in the codex implies that the +1 affects the unit the commissar accompanies the FAQ rules that the +1 LD affects the officers 'Leadership' special rule. Here's the link have a look through.

Games Workshop - Shrine of Knowlege

Cheers

Origin
Alright, I guess that the Commisar actually does affect the Ld special rule.

All:
Note though, that its only for the HQ squad. ;)

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To Review

Ok then to review.

If the Officer is executed then the squad goes to LD 10 but the bubble is burst permanently.

If the Commissar is with a HQ unit then the FAQ applies.

Official FAQ v4 said:
"The Commissar’s Leadership bonus applies to the Junior Officer’s, Senior Officer’s, or Heroic Senior Officer’s Leadership special rule if he is placed with the Command HQ. He focuses the Officer’s mind nicely."[QUOTE/]

If the commissar is with anyone else then the bubble is not affected by his presence. This makes sense to me and I would have no objections to playing this way.

I don't think the bonus applies to the vox.

I got confused after reading the codex which is so explicit it's ridiculous, but it conflicted with many of the ideas that people around me have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.