Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not quit sure what to get. Obviously the codex, but is the battle force a good buy? I was kinnda thinking of something along the lines of of 2 boxes of warriors and 2 raiders to start with. (I dont have much money at the moment.) Is this a good start, and where should I go from there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A battleforce is a very good to start. You will need everthing from battleforce. But try to find special weapon bitz for jetbike, or they will be little useless.

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
Yeah, the battleforce contains almost all you´ll need to start the army. The only thing to get aside from that are 2x jetbike blasters, a blister of warriors with dark lances, a box of 16 warriors and perhaps some stuff for cnversions. Your lord is easily converted from a warrior or a reaver, so dont borther buying one of those.

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Get the battlebox set, it is usually a better buy than buying them separately.

Also, if there is any chance of picking up a spare blister or two you should get some Dark lances - there is two in a blister. One of the basic troop configurations is 10 warriors with 2 of them with Dark Lances, we call them "sniper" squads.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Battleforce is a good way to start but in my opinion: EBAY. I bought 10 wrathguard models for my new ilyaden army for only $29.79 plus $7.00 shipping. In my opinion, that is a godly deal. Go on ebay and buy wutever the hack you want for third of the price, even the battlefore deal cant match it. A usefull way is buying badly painted metal models and stripping them from paint and repaints in wutever way you want. Trust me its worth it. Just go check it out, if you dont like ebay, go buy the battleforce for all I care.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. So, I will buy the battle force. Where should I go from there? Should I get another Raider and some warriors? What special troops do you suggest?

Thanks.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
A 1500 point army should have at least 2 raiders squads and at least one wych squad on a raider. My opinion, before you go anywhere you need to decide 1000 or 1500 point army

For 1500:
at least 3 raider suads ,
2 wych raider squad,
Either 2 ravagers or 2 taloses, or one of each
at least 1 warpbeast pack.
Incubi retinue of 5 or 6, Lord and a raider

If your planning to go 1000:

Jetbike lord conversion
at least 2 raider suads ,
a wych raider squad,
1 ravager
A couple jetbikes with blasters

Thing is: the types of units totally depend whether youre gona get 1000 or 1500 point army, cause the two have a different strategy behind them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts