Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my local gws store has recently recieved it's copy of the beast's of chaos codex and i have found a few things that may interest, mind you i am not too interested in that area of the hobby to pick up on it but this info may suffice your excitement for now!

A new spell that could par with the dreaded 13th rat spell? I wouldn't say on a par pesonally, but it's quite good, i don't need to play fantasy to know that this spell is good :).
You need to roll 16+ with your spell dice and out comes a giant, gorgorlon i think one of them is. This new creature becomes under your control and the wizard that casted it may not cast any other spell or dispell any other while it is controlling the creature.

that's all i remember at the moment, but i will be looking at it once again tomorrow to give you more updates on it.

Also, a friend of mine who plays fantasy quite competitively, or so he believes, says that the codex is much more powerful that the daemons of chaos codex is much more overpowered compared to it.

i hope you all enjoy such information.

thanks
antique_nova

·
quik-quik, kill-kill!
2,651 Posts
No people, this guy isn't under influence or stoned or anything, because our store received a copy already as well. Our store however goes nicely with the rules, so they are keeping it unopened under lock in the back at the moment. Weird isn't it? The new tyranids codex hasn't even arrived in the store yet, but we do get the beastmen who are coming next month. One of the guys did take a peek ( didn't know they weren't allowed to ) and I happen to have heared about a giant/cyclops with a stonethrower that it can fire while moving, and they apparently have some kind of nasty effect on magic users.

That's my bit of information too. We will see when they decide to open the armybook. I live on Holland, so we can pretty much assume that all shops got a copy already. Information should be pouring in, in the coming days.

a rep for you by the way, nova.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't think people will think o god not another rumour, both this can be confirmed and i have a source that people can rely on for this piece of news, but i appreciate the back up. About the nids codex too, yea i thought so too, this explains that the printing error with the codex wasn't a machine problem, someone actually did something to the design of the codex that called for it to be reprinted.

The guys are allowed a peak and they can show it, because they are meant to advertise it. That's how my store sees it' so they let us see it to promote our interests in it earlier so that they get a bigger interest meaning bigger sales - hopefully. This tactic of their's seems to be working however, i obviously can't say which store for the sake of their jobs.
thanks
antique_nova

·
quik-quik, kill-kill!
2,651 Posts
If you want to take a look at the new Beastmen in more detail, your local Hobby Centre should now have their Beastmen Black Box, containing a copy of Warhammer Armies: Beastmen, plus the new Gor and new Minotaur plastics sprues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we can say it's confirmed alright, I wasn't in the store today but they'll be showing it by now.

·
kinkeh secks pl0x?!
420 Posts
yep, The minotaurs:
if they win combat they recieve frenzy and each gains an additional attack until the combat they are in finishes or they lose.
So if they win the 1st round of combat but it carries on (i.e the enemy unit stands)
then they gain an additional attack from frenzy and +1 because they won combat. They start with 3 and can have additional hand weapons.. so from one round of combat... 4 strong.. 24 attacks at strength 5.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have also seen the book, only really looked at the characters but theres quite a lot of quirky rules, lots of random stuff. The mobile giant stone thrower is a crazy beast that screws up wizards(and is just a rare choice so you can have more than 1!!!). Theres a minotaur made entirely of brass that has an awesome save but also an achillies heel, a character who can random turn friendly models into chaos spawns and the spell where you can create a 280ish point monster...

On balance I wouldn't say its broken, theres a lot of flexibility and randomosity(tm :p) in the book. Can make a very fun and characterful army.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts