Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is quickly becoming my favorite IG model in large part due to the way it can be assembled. For those of you who don't own one, you can assemble almost the entire model by gluing only a few select pieces. This allows you to pose it in a variety of different ways before you even have to paint or glue it.

I also like the lithe look that gave it, which is much better than the goofy older ones from 2nd ed., though I'm not a big fan of the fact it looks like the rugged better looking cousin to the At-At.

I highly recommend for those of you who don't have sentinels to at least pick up one, it's a really good model in my opinion. :drinking:

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
It is a nice model. I currently have two (ballsed up the posing on one of them, but thats my own fault) and fully intend to get more.

They are also quite effective, even with the Multilaser. 3 S6 shots isnt to be sniffed at, even though their AP isnt exactly worth shouting about.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Just for laughs it'd be neat to field a CC Sentinel modeled/converted to look like it is giving a Leonidas kick to something. THIS IS CADIA!!!!

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
I can but agree, they are sweet looking models.
They can quite easily be converted into great little personalities too.
On the CC-version, I will when all else is done...hmmm painting infantry *sigh*, create me one of them priest-versions. There was one featured in a WD way back, a red and lovely little piece, something like that.
I think it's a great way to get a fluff-priest into the army without having him make your General go berzerk.

·
Shrug, k...
1,350 Posts
in pieces.

easiest to do the pilot and the cockpit before you pit him in and same for the rest of the body since you need to do good just about every spot since they're all visible at different times with the flexibility of the model, also painting it while together can be a minor annoyance, at least for me it was, with all the moving parts still able to shift around while you're trying to paint them.

was too excited with my first one, that i assembled it before thinking about how to paint it, second and third one went much smoother with it in pieces... same can be said about a defiler as well (I <3 Malal).

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
As for how to paint them, I'm pretty much with Cartemplar.
First I do the chairpiece, the driver and the inside of the cockpit before assembly.
Next I assemble all but the weapon and paint it, after that I paint the weapon and finish all the external details, killmarks and such.

Edit: A few more things on the paint issue, decide what parts (if any) you want to look like metal and check them out quite thouroughly before you begin painting. Some of them can fade into areas that you do not want look like bare metal. And then remember that the pistons in machinery like this always look shining, even on the most worn tractor you can find the pistons are like Mithrill Silver.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I assembled and painted one of these for the first time last weekend – and I have to agree that it is a great little model.

As has already been said, I painted mine in a few separate pieces – as it would be pretty much impossible to paint the pilot and inside the cockpit once it’s all assembled.

I had originally only intended it to be test run (to see how well/bad I handle painting vehicles) before I get hold of something bigger (like a chimera)… but now I’m itching to paint another one of these guys :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
It is a nice model. I currently have two (ballsed up the posing on one of them, but thats my own fault) and fully intend to get more.

They are also quite effective, even with the Multilaser. 3 S6 shots isnt to be sniffed at, even though their AP isnt exactly worth shouting about.
I actually really like the multilaser. Its rather useful against most armies and lets me shoot 3 times with that cruddy BS3. (Which is essentially why I do not tend to like the lascannon option and prefer the multilaser and the autocannons)

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
[QUOTE=Beardy_Wierdy ]
ballsed up the posing on one of them
[/QUOTE]
THis is really not a problem when it comes to the Sentinel model. As long as you have a pinvice and some paperclips it can all be fixed with great ease.
Just rip the legs of and drill a hole in the "hip" and the leg, then put the paperclip in and glue shut.
I've repositioned two of my Sentinels (yeah, I'm a slow learner...)

and...

One thing to think about when having a Sentinel to keep one leg bent is to shorten the length of the pistons of that specific leg.
This can be seen on the first Sentinels right leg (yeah, I know -it's the one furtherst away in the pic:/...sorry)

·
517 Posts
Here's one of mine. I have 8 of the little buggers. I like them a lot, but the multi-laser and I have a love hate relationship. It loves to roll ones, which I hate. So, I've given mine all lascannons and autocannons.

I like to throw some personality into each one, so that no two are alike. With this one, I made the cow skull out of styrene and the cacti out of wooden dowels. I put spines on the cacti made out of single horse hairs glued on with white glue... Yes, that took forever...

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
THis is really not a problem when it comes to the Sentinel model. As long as you have a pinvice
Ah.......

Yeah, I really do need to invest in some decent modelling tools rather than relying on nail scissors and emery boards nicked off my family.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ah.......

Yeah, I really do need to invest in some decent modelling tools rather than relying on nail scissors and emery boards nicked off my family.
Haha! Me too! The only real modeling tool I have is my pinvice. Though I will say, nail clippers are awesome for de-spruing your guardsmen. De-spruing? I dunno. You know what I mean.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Andusciassus, that little blip you said about the Sentinels being easily be converted into great little personalities gave me a chuckle. Thanks buddy :happy:.

I'm just posting these for additional creative inspiration. All models were taken off the net and are not my own work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.