Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been sitting in this dining hall for about 2 hours now waiting for my Age of Conan crap to finish downloading and I was reading random fantasy fluff. I was reading the Vampire Counts fluff and then the idea hit me. What if I made the Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huang? Zombies would provide the rules for the standard warriors and Black Coaches/Black Knights would provide for the Cavaliers and Chinese Chariots. So now, my question is - Does anyone know anyone or heard of anyone doing this

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
No I haven’t. Which makes it a great idea in my book.

Just make sure you plan your new army in detail on paper first.
You should work out how much it will cost if you need to do any converting
and if you do want to do any converting then how will you get your hands on the parts you need.

Highly themed armies are a joy to work on and will catch the eye of all the people
in your gaming club. But one to bear in mind if your gonna use the new V.C list
or any list then you need to be very clear what is what. I mean you should not use
a unit of mounted warriors and say they count as mounted skeletons in one game then decide in the next they are now blood knights in your next game.

Also it helps if you make your conversions
look abit like the unit they are meant to be representing. Example, I have spent the last few months building my second Tyranid army called the Humanids (they idea is that they are Humans who have had Tyranid bio weapons forcibly grafted onto them very much like the Borg but with organic implants not bionic) ,
it uses I.G guardsmen as the bodies but I use the correct weapons, so my opponent knows without a doubt what he facing without have to spend half an hour of me explaining what everything is.

It’s kinda hard to explain and I feel like I’m waffling on, but I hope get my meaning.

A highly themed army will look cool and will be cool to play so go for it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would never even think of using Blood Knights. They take up a Black Coach slot. Black Knights are better point for point in my opinion. Now that I think about it, I might not use Black Knights at all if I can't fit the points for them. What I'm probably looking at here rules wise is - Count Mannfred, three vampires, 2 Black Coaches, Corpse Carts with Balefire, fill in the rest with zombies/skeletons

·
179 Posts
This is an intriguing idea. Just one suggestion - for your troops, perhaps you should make many of them in similar poses, like automatons all programmed for the same combat moves?
Good luck with the project
cheers,
TOMB
(My Blog)

PS I suggest you try the paint scheme and modelling ideas you come up with on a couple of test minis to see if you are going to enjoy doing a whole army. No good getting halfway through a conversion project and junking hundreds of $$$ worth of little guys!

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
Sorry I didn’t mean to confuse you.
I just meant you should be very clear what each unit you convert
repersents. So if you make a conversion that repersents a unit such as the ‘Black knights’ and use them in one game it’s not fair to then use to repersent as a different unit in a following game.

I think it’s important to show consistancey in all your games, then no one can
accuse you of not being fair.

So I wish you look if you do plan to make this army and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the zombies I'm just gonna buy chinese warriors with the same pose or similar to it. Prime black, base coat a dark brown, undercoat a lighter brown, then drybrush with an even lighter brown to highlight

·
Registered
447 Posts
I had this idea about two years ago, but I never got very far with it. I used models from the Clan War line (more of a japanese feel, yours look waaay better). I'm really interested to see how this turns out actually, and I hope you get farther along than I did. Hope you win more games than I did too (my record was 1/3/0). Best of luck! Post pics!

·
335 Posts
Lucky, your in the Age of Conan Beta, i want to be in it sooooooo badly :(

This army idea sounds, well quite awesome. Specialy if you can execute it well.;Y

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Holy crap, an original idea!

:party:

Finally something other than "i wanna make a roman inspirererd orc army" and if someone preposes a crusader based spacemarine army i'm gonna scream.

You sir, are deservant of my full rep-blessing *heavenly chorus*

Now make it and post pics, i demand it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.