Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all im still prutty new to 40k. and just finished my csm iron worriors. im thinking of starting a new army im almost certain im going to do necrons. i just have a few newb questions so if any one can shead some light on the subject id apreaciate it

#1. i'v heard that necrons have a rule "we'll be back" what does this do. the only thing i could find on it wuz on the gw web site under who are the necrons. and all it says is that they have the ability to repair them selfs. its kind of vauge

#2. wut style of play are they. do they play more like tau and use supeirior fire power to shoot the enemy down or do they play more like orks and and try to get into close combat and cut the enemy down.

#3. are they a fairly easy to play for newbs.

#4. id mostly be playing against space marines,dark eldar,tau,orks,chaos,and imperial guard. the space marine player usually takes a land raider. do the necrons have reliable wepons to take a land raider down?

if anyone can help me out id apreaciate it alot. :yes:

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
1) WBB is pretty much the same as 'feel no pain' (which I believe is in the rulebook), there are other criteria but they are basically the same.

2) Necrons are a shooty army, they have a few dedicated CC units but they aren't that great. Necrons move to get into rapid fire range, not to assault.

3) They are a fairly easy army to start and have some quite powerful units, but also some powerful drawbacks.

4) Every gun necrons have access to (bar a few) can destroy a land raider, its the 'gauss' rule, the way to make it effective is massed fire.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If the necrons die they can come back alive on a 4 or more.

as the outsider said they excel at short range fire power where gauss weaponry owns. You can then dissapear thorugh a monlith leaving nothing but dead enemy

It really depends on the composition of your army list which make it easy or hard to play with.

again as the outsider said virtually ever gun can take down a Land raider. If you roll a 6 to hit it you atumatically glance it.

Dont forget their one real drawback. If your army is reduced to less than 25% of necron models than you automatically lose, you phase out.

Good Luck!

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
You need a roll of 6 on the Penetration roll to auto-glance.

You'll find crons a lot easier to understand if you just get the codex, a lot of the specifics of how their rules work we can't explain here.

·
Cthulhu's Lovechild
1,746 Posts
Generally we aren't allowed to give you any material that's already in the codex (including rules) so it's best to take a look at the Codex before somebody gets reported for forum violation.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey all thx for all the answers. and sry i didnt know i wuznt supose to ask some of the questions. guess ill have to read the rules again. i just have one more question that i forgot to put in the first post. if ur not suposed to answer it then dont worry about it. but if u r. its conscerning the we'll be back rule does it count for all necron models or just worriors? im not to sure?

·
Registered
815 Posts
iced capp said:
its conscerning the we'll be back rule does it count for all necron models or just worriors? im not to sure?
In the necron Codex, under every listing, it will indicate whether or not that unit is considered "necron". Only those that are considered necrons get WBBs.

·
Registered
953 Posts
iced capp said:
hey all thx for all the answers. and sry i didnt know i wuznt supose to ask some of the questions. guess ill have to read the rules again. i just have one more question that i forgot to put in the first post. if ur not suposed to answer it then dont worry about it. but if u r. its conscerning the we'll be back rule does it count for all necron models or just worriors? im not to sure?
Just so you know netspeak breaks forum rules here. So "u r", and "wuznt" are not allowed. You are also supposed to use actual grammar and punctuation when writing your posts to make them easier to read. Using netspeak just makes us all look illiterate.

I'm not *****ing, just trying to save you some headache. I have seen mods ban people for not following the rules. Reading the forum rules will save you trouble later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts