Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
When I bought the Stronghold Assault book to have the Aegis Defense Line rules, I did not expect to then end up buying other fortifications too!
Vengeance Weapon Batteries are my new favorite army addition!

xxpts each (up to 2/Fortification slot), (small building), emplaced weapon (Punisher Gatling, BattleCannon, Quad-Icarus Lascannon).
Now the weapons are only BSx, but that is not why I love them. Bummer is that automated weapons still have to fire at the closest enemy, so those Quad-Icarus Skyfire lascannons can be nurfed if a non-flyer unit is closer (unless using Interceptor and the Flyer is closer than any other reserves unit).

They are buildings that have no occupancy capacity and can thus never be claimed by your opponent. They are always yours and are scoring units! This is what I love about them!
For xxpts you get a tough scoring weaponized building! I have been taking two and just deploying them right next to 1-2 objectives!
They have no Faction and my Eldar love to cast Guide on the Punisher Gatling gun .

Because some of my recent opponents have been surprised that they are scoring here are page ref.
p112 Claiming Buildings - All buildings taken as part of your army are claimed by you and will remain so until an enemy unit enters it.
p134 Scoring Units - Claimed buildings count as a scoring unit from the claiming player's army.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I deploy them in my army, I kindly remind my opponent of the building scoring rules. Seems many people aren't used to seeing buildings on the battlefield, indeed I had skipped that section until I read through Stronghold Assault and decided to buy the VWB.
I often hear, "Fortifications can't score!"
I'm a bit baffled by this, and it is interesting to note that in Stronghold Assault there are 8 Fortifications that are buildings and can thus score and only 6 that are not buildings and non-scoring.
So more Fortifications are scoring than not.

·
Registered
625 Posts
wow, never noticed this. im gonna have to try it out.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
"those Quad-Icarus Skyfire lascannons can be nurfed if a non-flyer unit is closer"

Remember the Quads can fire at skimmers with no penalty, too. Perfect for countering mechanized Tau and Eldar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts