Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from a xmas shopping trip. After walking for hours around the shops
my girlfiend suprised me with a offer to go into the g.w with me. She also said she would buy me what ever i wanted. Well great you say! But i paniced and i end picking up the space wolf battleforce(coz my and a handful of grey paints. The thing is i dont think i want to do space wolfs, i think i want to do iron warriors(coz i love the storm of iron novel). I have not opened anything just incase (i will keep the paint thats not a problem) but i dont know if i should just knuckle down and do the space wolfs or make the long cold trip too swap for chaos marines. Or maybe do both armies, but that mess up my plans to do a converted xeno army next year. Plus the nids are coming out soon. Oh though xmas was meant to a happy time but i'm suffering with nerd rage!!! And i have to wait two weeks to get my ps3 and cod mc2!!!! i want everything now, now, now!!!!

Oh yeah, will G.W let me swap my battleforce if i pay (if) any difference?

·
2,076 Posts
but won't your girlfriend want to see the present she bought you?
Why not use space wolf parts for conversions?
If anyone is going to loot higher mark wargear it will be iron warriors.
you can always clean off the plastic wolf bits and you will have plenty of nice power weapons, lightning claws and stuff.

Reactions: Chubby_Jedi

·
859 Posts
I'd say swap it, I wouldn't do it behind her back though. If she knows about the hobby then she'll understand you want to expand an existing force rather than start a whole new one you are still umming and ahhing over. If she doesn't know about the hobby then you can simply tell her that you're grateful for the models, but you want to make sure you get something you will *definitly* use, something you'll play with more often and remember who bought them for you.

Reactions: Chubby_Jedi

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's still sealed and you've got the reciept, the store will exchange it. They'd probably do it without the reciept, but that usually depends on the staff member and how good his day has been.
Cool, yep i still have the reciept and the battle force is still sealed in the shrink wrap.

but won't your girlfriend want to see the present she bought you?
Why not use space wolf parts for conversions?
If anyone is going to loot higher mark wargear it will be iron warriors.
you can always clean off the plastic wolf bits and you will have plenty of nice power weapons, lightning claws and stuff.
She would indeed! But she wants me to start doing my 'red space dragons' (nids to you and me) but ive already explaned thats nexts months project.

I'd say swap it, I wouldn't do it behind her back though. If she knows about the hobby then she'll understand you want to expand an existing force rather than start a whole new one you are still umming and ahhing over. If she doesn't know about the hobby then you can simply tell her that you're grateful for the models, but you want to make sure you get something you will *definitly* use, something you'll play with more often and remember who bought them for you.
Aye GW will let you exchange it. You don't need the receipt to do an exchange, just a refund. If your Iron Warriors stuff comes to more than the Battle Force you'll have to pay the extra.
Just say to her "I wasn't quite sure what I wanted so I got this but, now I want something else is it okay if I exchange it?"

Most likely she'll say go ahead I dont care

All very true! She does understand thats it can take me months to make my mind up
with stuff like this. To help me pick, I painted up a chaos marine in space wolf and iron warrior colours and let her decide which she like best, she said Iron Warriors looks better but she did like the space wolf, arrrrr so that was little help. I think i'm going to swap the
battleforce for the chaos marine one. So look forward to seeing my Iron Warrior thread after xmas!!! Thanks for all the advice dudes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.