Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local gaming friends are playing a warbands campaign, and I just faced my Lizardman opponent today and was slaughtered. He has:

2 units of 8 skinks with poison blowguns
1 unit of 8 saurus warriors with champion
1 Kroxigor

My army consists of:

1 block of 12 spearmen
2 units of 3 handgunners
1 unit of 3 knights
1 Captain w/plate armour, shield, and hand weapon

I have tried shooting at them, but they tend to be at long range (-1 to hit) plus they are skirmishers (another -1 to hit) requiring 6's. I also tried (in a larger game) using mortars against them to limited effect. My opponent is also smart enough to keep them well outside the charge of my knights.

So, if you can help me to squish the skinks, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would change those spearmen to swordsmen, they are much better and will survive in combat longer with there improved stats.
I've found that handgunners aren't the best in small (skirmish) games as you can't move them and shoot. Huntsmen are quite good to fill this role insted though.:yes:
Maybe giving your Captain a magic item to help kill the Kroxigor would help, as his not to good with just a hand weapon...
Knights are expencive so are a risky move taking them, and espelsally since you dont have alot of them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am stuck with the list I have, actually I have quite a bit less than that now.

What I really need is tips on how to defeat those damned skinks. The poison darts completely smashed me, and I have no idea how to defeat them. Forget the list for now, just please give me your tactics for facing skinks...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Get into combat with them if you can, as the are useless in combat (you will be hitting and wounding on 3's...) so try and charge the skinks. Combat is their weakness.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In a larger game, I would advise the Hellblaster volleygun. They can rip through skinks (and saurus ) like there's no tomorrow. Get maybe... hmm free companies? I'm actually not too sure on that one, but I think that 2 attacks on the skinks at 5 points would be quite good. Get the captain something more powerful, or he will get smashed to little pieces by the kroxigor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.