Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the description and I just don't get it so i was wondering if on of you could help me understand it? was this the right place to post this? sorry for my stupidity.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You mean on the Master of Ordinance?
If it helps, imagine that he has a massive bassilisk gun on his wrist that shoots big shells. In many ways he is an artillery piece with a unique gun and the ability to ride in a transport. His "gun" is covered by the ordiance rules from the main rulebook so f.e. he can't be moving and shooting etc. While he isn't actually shooting the barrage I guess it represents the difficulty of actually coordinating a strike.
I think that's right, I haven't used him but he sounds great for a larger scale battle.

·
1,648 Posts
Normal Ordinance Barrage rules apply with 2 differences:

1) If you roll a hit you scatter 2d6" in the direction of the little arrow thing
2) If you roll a scatter, you scatter 3d6"

Basically he can't aim worth anything.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts

1) If you roll a hit you scatter 2d6" in the direction of the little arrow thing

And remember that you may subtract his ballistic skill from the scatter distance if he has LOS to his target, ig he does not you will scatter the amount rolled on the dice as normal.

The Emperor Protects

·
durus
2,578 Posts

This is why he isn't worth taking at all IMO. You are almost as likely to hit your own units as enemy units.

·
Registered
20 Posts

For "1)", I dont understand. How do you scatter in the direction of a "hit"? It is a hit with a circle target on the top, there is no arrow. Do they mean you re-roll the dice and on the 2nd roll scatter where the arrow points?

I find this terribly confusing.

For "2)" this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
There is a tiny little arrow on your scatter dice on the dead on hit. Look at it real close, you'll see it eventually.

Barring that...sure, re-roll the scatter dice until an arrow comes up, BUT, your dead on hit should have an arrow on it. :)

edit: To a google search for scatter dice and look at any with a dead on logo. You'll see it:

·
Registered
54 Posts
just re reroll the scatter dice. i dont think the new dice (the ones that come in a giant dice) have arrow marks on them anymore (or they are really small)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts