Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
What the?! 6 months and u don't know what to use?? I have an empty defiler that needs a pilot.... :rolleyes:

Iron within Iron without, comrade. How many pts are u playing in the first place?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Exploit the bonuses you get as an Iron Warrior!
You can exchange two fast attack choices for an extra Heavy support... use that, take a basilisk and/or a Vindicator.
Take your time, get a defiler or two... and other things that can be nice to have around is dreadnoughts with havoc launchers...

Since you are ablo to have more that one squad of Oblitherators... then exploit this too!
Currently I have 3 oblitherators lying around. Normally I use them either as a single elite choise or spit them up into one man squads... thereby taking 3 elite choices.
Yeah I know you use all the elite choices, but heck the oblitherators are a force to be reconed with!

And if you wanna use the fast attack choice then go for a Raptor squad...

That's my oppinion...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah, I say stock up on heavy support, and have tons of hvy weapons included in your crew. Iron warriors are meant to turn their enemies into swiss cheese, and thats what you should concentrate on. Not a whole lot of assault units for ya, and no demons either <_<

And Bornin: where's the 1337 Iron warriors tactics?! you're the IW virtuoso here, might as well give our buddy here a few pointers.. :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Well it would help me if I knew what to help him with :rolleyes: . I can mumble some basic stuff like: advance with termies and 2 squads of Obliterators, maybe a Dread, keep the rest behind and shoot the crap out of anything that presents itself, heavy bolters are often the most cost-effective unit in 'tac' squads, specialize squads: use havocs with 4 duplicate weapons if possible, use heavy bolters in squads where the other dudes are armed with bolters, try to screen important units with 'tac' squads, target the biggest threats first, make sure you fire everything in a certain pattern, don't waste lascannons on AV 12 when there's AV 14 around, when targeting vehicles and you have say some vehicles of your own with lascannons and some Obliterators/Havocs with lascannons, shoot with the vehicle first so if it destroys it the infantry is free to target something else (if you'd do it the other way round your vehicle is aiming at something already destroyed and can't move around anymore). Now I got more where this came from, but it might not be what he's looking for.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You don't have to, I normally use only one (tank hunters skill, 4 lascannons), but they're a good investment. 4 Havoc squads would be the most effective heavy support choice, but I like the tank models so I have 2 dreads, 1 pred (plan on getting another one), 1 land raider, 1 basilisk, 1 vindicator and of course some havocs (I suppose if I max on troops I'd have enough left for 2 good havoc squads).

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
In my oppinion, lots of self protection stuff.

Go for either termi armour or deamonic armour, then give the guy deamonic aura.
Deamonic rune could also come in handy, at least if your facing nice space marine librarians with force weapons...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Depends if you want a dude with Stature or not. If not, here's what I use (only for larger games as he's fairly expensive):
Lord with terminator armour, power weapon, power fist, Daemonic Strength, Mutation, Resilience, Mark of Chaos. He also has a bodyguard of 6 Chosen termies usually.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hey BorninDarkness...
I see you have both a power weapon and a power fist for your lord.
Ok I understand that you get an extra attack for that...
But when you have two "special" weapons like that, how do you use them in close combat... just choose which one you feel like using that turn or what?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Yep, just pick one each turn. For thingies with higher initiative or exceptional toughness/multiple wounds, or things with an armour value I use the power fist, for most infantry I use the power weapon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just keep my Lord with a power fist and also a plasma pistol, the power fist is just about the same, with 1 less attack, but you get a ranged armour peircing attack

·
1,019 Posts
He gave everyone in the squad the tank hunter skill. You cant just give the guy with the big gun a skill, or just that one. Everyone has to have it (in the squad) or nobody has it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.