Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am completley knew to warhammer40000 and used to play magekinghts. I need to know what race to play and what boxed set to buy. I also need to know where i can find the rules on how to play the game

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome!! Always good to see fresh meat- I mean players. Fresh players. Is what I mean. As for what race to play, most people here will tell you Space Marines (hereonafter referred to as SM) or Chaos Space Marines. (hereonafter referred to as CSM) I'll get to that in a moment- first, let me give you some advice...
1. Read the rules- it'll save us all a lot of hassle
2. NEVER EVER EVER intentionally goad BornInDarkness, or Bornin, or BiD. he will tap you with his mod stick so fast you'll be spitting various organs
3. Don't start any Necrons are Borken discussion or I will spit you like a bug
4. Stare at BiDs avatar for hours on end. This is mandatory
5. Have fun

My personal suggestion on what army to play? Eldar. We don't have neough Eldar players round where I come from, and you can get a bunch of dudes for a cheap price. They also have a lot of plastics.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Good answer Deciever, but you fergot ta mention da greenskins. Da Orks...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hmmmm...... ONE WORD. ELDAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ....... :blink:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I u dont like shooting= sayign all the time:"Are They Dead Yet"
Go for the hive mind and its close and personal approach even though its not remotely personal and instead of :"Are They Dead Yet" u get "where have they gone?"

*drools when thinking of warp blast*

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eldar or orks. Theyre both phycic, the orcs aare just to stupid to know it. Orks have the greatest fluff, like if they paint a vehicle read it goes faster, jusst because they think it does. Thats how phycic they are. Eldar have wraithlords.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry guys, but I feel most of you could have been a little more constructive in your "help".

tuna24 - firstly, where you can find the rules to the game. The boxed set is probably a good starting point: it contains two different races for you to try (Space Marines and Dark Eldar), all the rules and all the equipment (dice etc) you need to start playing. However, if you've made your mind up about which race you want to play and it isn't either of the above, you can simply buy the rulebook, for half the price of the boxed set. On the other hand, the boxed set is a bargain - you will save money if you want to start an army with either of the above races.

As for an army, there are many different choices. I'm not going to list them all (the boxed set probably does somewhere), but each has vastly different models and styles of play. For example, if you want to blow stuff up from long range, try the Tau - but you will suffer in close combat. If you'd prefer ripping stuff up hand-to-hand you could try the alien Tyranids, or maybe something else. As if that wasn't enough, many of the races have sub-armies (e.g. different Space Marine Chapters), which ALSO have very different characteristics and models. One thing you can do is take a look at the models - you may simply get a gut feeling to go with one race by doing this.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck with it, and have fun. That's the whole point, after all.

·
Registered
556 Posts
the chaos is something i recommend, they are tough and good stories too, to start off i would buy the megaforce if you have the money or the battleforce

·
Registered
396 Posts
I went for the Space Marines.

I was attracted to the miniatures the first time and now find that they would be easier to paint.

There aren't the fleshtones you'd have to master in order to paint human miniatures....Plus they're apparently the easiest army to play. Not sure yet, will have to find out..lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Space Marines are mean :angry: ... its all my Dark Eldar can do to put a dink in those stupid power armor suits of theirs, much less actually get to the juicy goodness within. Sure, they're outnumbered by a 2:1 ratio, but when your dice HATE YOU ... it doesn't even matter :(

I think they'd be easier to play for a newb simply because there's less to keep track of, and their playing style can be a bit more straight forward (though your dice WILL turn against you and even that +3 save won't save you from nothin :D ).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.