Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have 75 dollars to spend on my orcs, i currently have 16 shoota boys, 16 slugga boyz, 5 warbikes, a wartrukk, a warbuggy and a warboss. Im thinking of getting

1. 3 killer kans and one of the ork artillery

2. 1 dreadnought and a wartrukk

3. 1 ork boyz box(16) and a box of stick bommas(12)

4. 1 ork boyz box and a box of stormboyz(8)

5. 1 box of stormboyz and a box of stick bommas

6. or some grots and a mekboy and a slaver

and one more question
what does a mekboy do?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I'm assuming for now you will be playing regular orks not speedfreaks or feral. Here's how i would prioritize and why.
1. Storm/ork boys- storm boys are excellent in any game. Zagstrukk is one of the best characters in the game for his cost. They are usable in speedfreaks and regular ork lists. And as for another box of regular boys... well that never hurts and if you really want stick bombers just make them out of regular boys or use the stick bomb parts that come with the storm boys.

2. Grots/mekboy/slaver-all of these are golden for regular orks. Grots are wonderfully cheap and effective. The mekboy and his possible field are excellent when deploymed behind a wall of kans. The slaver is a must if taking Grots to keep them in check. I wouldn't buy regular grots as their pricey. consider converting them out of Night Goblins or regular Goblins from the fantasy range. You'll need to get some round bases and arm them with some shootas or sluggas that you have left over. I have a preference for Night Goblins personal, but that's just because my grots are mostly the fanatic i have from my Fantasy army.

3. 3 killer kans/artillery-i'm not sold on artillery yet that isn't mounted on a trukk, however kans are incredible for their cost. For the same cost as a dreadnaught you get more attacks, just less armor (11 vs 12). I also like the Kan models, their fun and look very orky.

4. Buggies (i added this)- if you have 1 buggy you could always get 2 more to be able to field them as a full squad. I play speedfreaks with mainly buggy squads and they work wonderfully for vehicle and light infantry hunting. They don't work wonderfully all the time because their protected by the sturdiest paper orks can find and they tend to explode. however a squad that can move 12 and fire 3 TL rockets is something any vehicle should rightfully fear... except a land raider or moniloth.. have a hard time cracking things that are 14 all around

·
Registered
255 Posts
It depends how hardcore you are. If you're willing to convert your own stormboys (it's hard, but possible) I'd go with two boxes of boys- you get more models for your money. If you can't be bothered, however, I'd go for boys and stormboys. Just amke sure to make the boys as sluggas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok well im gonna go with a box of stormboyz( cause im to lazy to try im not gonna convert them from orc boyz) and 2 killer kans, and get a third killer kan and a warbuggy later.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and one more thing. alot of people say sf armies are useless, are they?

·
429 Posts
No, but....

no, but you need lots and lots of trukks, which comes down to alot of cash or alot of time spent converting. speed freeks are great at providing comic relief, but if you want effectiveness, both cost effectives and effectiveness on the battlefield, go with footsloggers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I disagree. Speed freeks can be unreliable, but potentially much more powerful than footsloggers. They're harder to play with, as you have to carefully control ranges, lines of sight etc, but the very realistic possibility of a massed turn 2 charge cannot be ignored. Generally speaking, they tend to be more competitive than footsloggers when played well. Also, they can cost less than footsloggers if you want them to: You need less boyz, and scratch-building your own vehicles is pretty close to free. Much cooler, too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts