Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
to help me decide on a colour scheme please.
I made a threadlike this on a Tuesday but I only got 3 useful replies out of 196 views, if you view this please reply because I need lots of colour scheme ideas to inspire me* and as my username says I’m a newbie.(even if you don’t paint Eldar please comment unless you cant help . Thank you

I have a very small army of 10 guardians and some dire avengers right now unpainted.
alien.jpg
I like this but it looks too alien (vs. Predator) and I always think of eldar as elves as they are named after something in one of J.R.R Tolkien’s books.
whight.jpg hmmmmmm
pink.jpg This is cool but I can’t see myself painting my whole small army pink. dark.jpg This very cool but I don’t like bone because I’m a weirdo.

My avatar is cool also but no, don’t know why, I’m just fussy maybe

I just want something cool that stands out from normal eldar (dire avengers =blue + yellow guardians=red)
*Ok, I would like you to:

Give any tips.And please show with link or pictures some colour schemes you like/used.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

sorry for the double post

Attachments

·
584 Posts
Dude, I think if you simplfiy your questions you may get more responses :)

Personally I think three things are very important when you are choosing a paint scheme:

1) You should choose some colours that you like, you could end up getting into a consuming habit and end up wanting to paint bazillions of models for the army so make sure it's some thing you want to look at.

2) Be careful not to over complicate the scheme, a simple two colour scheme generally works well with a 3rd thrown in for details such as weapons or gems - The beauty of Eldar is that you always have options to go 'off piste' with the aspect warriors so you can get super creative there as you are less likely to paint loads of a specific aspect, and it is fluffy to have them in their own scheme. Also if you end up getting ambitious and going all harly checks as your main scheme you'll end up taking forever to get your army painted (it will probably look awesome though).

3) Lastly, stick to colours you are good at painting. Personally I can't get the hang of yellow in large areas, but I've got green nailed. Doesn't mean I never paint yellow, but I'd steer clear of an Imperial Fists or Iyandan army as it would be torture for me.

So throwing all that out of the window, I say go with the red scheme - not to difficult to highlight and shade and the green and white thrown into the mix work well too.

Welcome to LO and I hope you enjoy your foray into all things Eldar.

·
1,273 Posts
Paint them metallic..i would love to see some eldars in armour not in hard clothes....

my colour scheme is in my signature...20 pages of pictures of much blue

·
Registered
909 Posts
well first let me ask you this, do you just want to get them done while making them look cool as a whole or do you wish to make them one by one but your best work on each? for example if you wanted to do beiltan quiuckly all you would need is some snot green primer green wash, paint the gun and eyes and your done with a nice looking model. or do you want it to show even more at the cost of time exp. prim white, color snot green, paint gun, paint eyes, and start the highlighting process vs a quick drybrush.

·
It came from the warp...
458 Posts

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
what im thinking for mine is black with a dry brush of mithril silver all over, badab black wash, with Purple helmet and weapon systems, so its a dark midnight/twilighty feel (i mean the time of day not that shitty ass film)

hope that helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
niraco

yeh but every1 always says that metalic eldar are awful.
But i can see a silver black and wight eldar with green jems looking cool

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
Well I go for black and red in all my army including Aspect Warriors (I prefer uniformity) and you can check it out in my sig if you want, though the thread hasn't been updated in quite some time. Of the choices that you've given, I would be leaning towards the first.

For the record, double posting is frowned upon. I recommend against it.

~ DiW

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Daziel
thanks

(different subject) if you are gonna just come and tell me how crap my post is either get lost or actualy tell me how to improve them.i joined last weekend ..i think

·
2,845 Posts
Wow... chill. For starters, I didn't tell you how crap your post was. I offered you some advice. If I could have told you how to get rid of it, I would have, but there is no way of deleting posts, so I simply advised you not to do it in future. And 'idiots who think I've been using this site for ages' isn't exactly right, considering I can see clearly you joined in December 2010. If your join date had been February 2008 or whatever, then I would probably have been a little harsher because you're expected to know that. Forum rules can be found here, for the record.

~ DiW

·
Registered
846 Posts
I agree with Daziel. Paint colors you are good at (or want to become good at).
Since there's no real difference rules wise for the different Craftworlds (except a few apocalypse formations), the colors are really up to you.

I love bone, and both my Sisters and Space Marines are bone colored. For my Eldar I wanted something different and always loved Dark Angels Green.
So I wanted my Eldar Biel Tan but reveres the colors (green bodies, white heads), except for the Exarchs which are white with green heads.

You can always use a few guardians as test models to try out a few paint schemes.
Or even better, use this web based painter! It's free, easy, and fun to try out different schemes.

Grim Darkness - Warhammer 40,000 fluff from my_name_is_tudor

Reactions: Acarna

·
2,845 Posts
I must say, I'm forced to agree. I don't like the colour combination of green and blue at all.

On a side note, JMichael, repped. Those are some nice models.

~ DiW

·
Registered
846 Posts
Here are some of my favorite Eldar. White with a great blue!

gmmstudios.com
Be sure to check out his amazing Wraithlords too.

I think a dark green with a rich deep blue might look great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts