Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Do you think the transfer to 4th edition will be pre-prepared in the Witch Hunters codex, or will they do something silly like release a WH codex for 3rd edition and then a 4th edition one shortly after?

2. Are there any other armies covered in the Witch Hunters codex?

3. If not, will the Sisters of Battle be renamed into the Witch Hunters?

4. Will there ever be variants/chapters for Sisters of Battle like there are for Space Marines/Orks/Imp Guard/etc.?

5. Will the Daemonhunter's incinerator become a SoB option? (I figured it would, after all, it's a daemon-hunting flamer that ignores invunerable armor saves.)

Well, that's lots of questions, most of which probably no one knows... but I'm gonna hope for a rumor/info-induced miracle. :w

·
Registered
506 Posts
:D Hey cool I have a following going ...other than my naughty nun's featured in the sig below of curse ;) , follow on, follow on, it's your doom! :p

1) ehh..ummmm...is that english? looks like english! But can't understand a word you say, no ofense It's 2:34 and I still haven't woken up yet!
2) Yes there are as I've been told, but i can't name then although I expect to find new inqusitiors of the order Hereticus or however you spell it.
3) The will be classified under the Whitch hunters selection but they will still be their own army.
4) There already are, we have order's eg: Order of the Martyred Lady, Order of the bloody rose, at the moment their are no differences between them other than armour colour which shows how crap Gav Thrope was at making the old Sob codex...yes we used to have a codex!
5) Well since certain demonhunter options can be added onto sm and ig it would be no different with sob.

Hope that helps, i'll get back to you on that first question. Oh by the way about the topic title: flatter get's you everywhere ;)
:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'll fill in a few...

1) GW has already said that all the 3rd edition codices will be usable for 4th edition. So this isn't a concern.

4) You think Gav Thorpe sucks at making Codices, sister mel? You should play Dark Elves in Warhammer Fantasy. Half the units in our army are useless (before the revision)

5) But, I don't forsee the incinerator as an option to give an SoB unit. The only way you'll get it is by using allies. SoB are getting Storm Bolters though :)

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
From GW UK News:

Not really applicable, but cool anyhow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
no offence, it will probably look better with a lick of paint, but that lame arse replacement for a dreadnaught looks like a bunch of twisted metal... to me it honestly looks like a cube of metal has been thrown at a wall, down stairs, across the highway and dropped from a truck.. then stuck on top of a IG sentinel...

·
Registered
841 Posts
ill tell u waht that is...
sentinel legs + dreadnought body with stupid woman instead of sacrophagus(spelling>?) +kill kan close combat weapon + some other thingy

·
DING
1,740 Posts
It looks great to me. Is it just me or is that woman on the front actually controlling the thing. If it is it rocks so much, just like Ripley in Aliens. Like those catachan officers too. Guess they thought that Cadians got so much new stuff they better bring something out for the good old baby Orges

·
Registered
959 Posts
the penitent engine looks cool. i can already see a chaos conversion for it with a daemon host strapped to the front.

·
Registered
506 Posts
it shows gw can't get their own ideas if it had a guy in the pentinant engine other than that 'baby' strapped on I would say it's a rip off from that thing in the matrix 2 (seen once when the never canesser lands) and 3.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by Kais@Nov 4 2003, 14:57
Has anyone ever done Biker-Babe SoB's?
Yep it's quite a popular conversion, I can't give you any site address becaus eof site rules, but it's easy enougth to search for. They look really cool and one day I'm hoping to have my own squad of biker sisters. Some people apply the seraphim rules with them, which obvious have its problems, others just apply normal 'cavalry' rules with are used simply for space marine bickers. It's as simple as that. the hardest part is converting. Apparently no matter what you do it won't look right, the best thing i've heard is to cut from the torso onto bretonian horseman and use some greenstuff to follow the cloak, which is then place onto bike (space marine bike), i can't remember how the arms are fitted but thats the difficult part..hmmm.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Hmm cant help but think that this penitant engine is gonna be a flop, the figure, as someone pointed out looks like someone had a Grand Mal siezure whilst holding a tube of superglue over a bits box, however, on the basis that the woman on the front is probably controlling it, this thing is gonna have the survivability of an eldar war walker without shields

·
Registered
222 Posts
is that half naked chick on the dreadnough.............dead? if she is alive, i'm suprised she's not gunned down by now.

i hope they make more sobs that looks like THAT!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.