Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats up, i have just had a good lot of wood elves dropped in my lap for free, so i see no reason as why not to start up a force. I am however a bit undecided as to how i want it to turn out, i really love the idea of forest spirits and i like the idea of combat oriented wood elves just because its almost the exact opposite of what i think when i do hear about a wood elves force. I was just wondering what you guys thought about this idea so far and whether it is just out in left field or if it might actually be playable. My idea list is below, i know this isn;t the list forum however i wanted to see if the idea was good, not the actual list.

noble
branchwraith
branchwraith

glade guard
glade guard
dryads
dryads
eternal guard

treekin
wild riders

treeman
treeman

so do you think a predominetly combat army is ok?

·
4,361 Posts
I have played a combat army and it is playable. Not as good as other options usually, but you will win some. I would definitely suggest a BSB in the list. Also, you will want a scroll caddy. Wardancers are also a great addition. Doesn't look like you are wedded to an all forest spirit list which is good. I actually played mine without any archers which was interesting.

So while you may be in left field, you aren't too deep. It is a viable option for wood elves.

SirKently

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think a lot of people would blame you beating them on two treemen. They generally don't like duplicate rare choices. It's up to you of course whether you keep them both in. I agree that a BSB would be quite important but yeah, wood elves aren't the "shooty" army everyone thinks they are and really rely on combat (albeit combat where it's 3 of your units and 1 of theirs).

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'd recommend War Dancers over Eternal Guard. You need a High Born to get them in your core anyways.

Although, I do know from experience that the Rhymer's Harp, Netlings, Great Weapon load out on a High Born in a unit of Eternal Guard can be alot of fun. Especially if you plan on running the 2x treeman list.

If you're going to take Eternal Guard, I'd recommend doing that. Then taking a BSB two T-mans and two scroll caddies.

Take advantage of the fact that Eternal Guard don't take a special choice and take two units dryads and two units of wardancers to support them. This should be all the skirimishing combat stuffs you need.

I really don't think you need tree-kin with two t-mans and eternal guard. So, I'd just swap them out for the War-Dancers.

Alternatively, I'd run a TMA in a combat list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts