Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I've participated in a few of the Online RP's here on LO, and been a pen and paper Roleplayer / Gamesmaster for nearly 4 years now, and I feel like running an online RP on LO.

The only problem is, I'm stuck for ideas, so I ask all online RP'ers to suggest an idea/ideas for a roleplaying game they would like ran, and possibly some extra info like the setting etc. Hopefully, with good inspiration, it should set me off and I can take it from there.

It can be basically anything you want, from Warhammer to Star Wars to D&D, whatever you want to play. I have had lots of experience in different RPG's, so don't be afraid to ask for something like Shadowrun, or Werewolf or Vampire, cos I've basically played most Pen and Paper RPG's you can think of.

So guys, lets hear your ideas and thoughts, and see what we can get started!:)

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, no-one has any ideas for a game they'd like to play?

At all?

Come on guys!:)

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
Ok I have an idea for an RPG (Warhammer Fantasy). It could take a bit of work but we have both been playing the Inquister one for a little while now so you know I will get into character be enthuastic about the adventure etc

Basically I was thinking of doing an adventure based heavily around Chaos. The PC's are a band of adventurers with a particular hatred of chaos and are persuing a specific warband/cult across the Empire.

There are two ways this can go-A: play it normally the PC's have to think of a way to track them stop any nefarious plots etc. as a normal game

OR

Someone runs the actions of the warband as well, and PM's the GM as to the warbands actions. (or alternativly is run by a deputy GM). This might get a bit cumbersome and would relty on good rolweplaying on the part of the Chaos champion not to sneak a peek at what the PC's were doing and react accordingly (unless he knew).

This was an idea based on the fact that I have just got the Realms of Chaos Volumes one and two.

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... Sounds interesting, this could go somewhere.

Tell me more...:)

I'd say that the GM would control the actions of the warband for 2 reasons

-1. It prevents Out of Game knowledge by players looking at the opposing threads, as you might have noticed the latest WHFB RPG, the eye watches had 2 threads and the good one died out completely, we don't want that to happen, now do we?;)

-2. I could make them do more evil and plot-deepening things, acoording to my specifications, rather than a group of people just going "Yeah, we kill this guy, torch that village, etc. etc."

It would take a bit of work, as it couldn't just be the PC's chasing them the whole time kind of thing, other side-events would have to happen, but I could handle that...:)

Got any more ideas to do with this one?

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
Well this is all just off the top of my head (blessed/cursed with a vivid imagination) But I would say there would have to be somekind of interaction between a chaos cult in a town/city anda warband, brains and brawn kind of thing. Meanwhile the Pc's are made up of the survivors of an attack on a village that killed the rest of the community. Plus you could add in that witch hunters think the PC's are in leauge with the Warband so are chasing them as well.

I would quite like to run the warband, I have plenty of Chaos material for WFRP here. I would stay in character, because the adventure would focus on the PC's the warband/cult wouldn't have to be played in detail until the PC's met them (which would probably be a fight anyway).

Though saying that what rules system would you use, I have the WFRP rule book and Realms of Chaos so if you needed a deputy GM.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you get this working let me know and I will join i will just need help with a character becasue I don't play or follow WHFB

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Berny Mac said:
Well this is all just off the top of my head (blessed/cursed with a vivid imagination) But I would say there would have to be somekind of interaction between a chaos cult in a town/city anda warband, brains and brawn kind of thing.
Yeah, I was considering a chaos cult thing...I think I have some cool ideas for the group to run into now...;)

Berny Mac said:
Meanwhile the Pc's are made up of the survivors of an attack on a village that killed the rest of the community.
Hmm... Angry peasant rabble!;) Just joking, that's a cool idea. If people can come up with a good background story, like a retired soldier, or a blacksmith or something, that'd be cool.

Berny Mac said:
Plus you could add in that witch hunters think the PC's are in leauge with the Warband so are chasing them as well.
Yes, good idea. I'm starting to wonder why I'm the GM...Just kidding.;)

Berny Mac said:
I would quite like to run the warband, I have plenty of Chaos material for WFRP here. I would stay in character, because the adventure would focus on the PC's the warband/cult wouldn't have to be played in detail until the PC's met them (which would probably be a fight anyway).
Yeah, I'd be more than happy to have the warband going at the same time as the PC group pursuing them, it's just that we'd need enough people for 2 groups. I could fill out some of it with Red-shirts- NPC's that can be killed off I suppose, but I'd still need a fair few people.

Berny Mac said:
Though saying that what rules system would you use, I have the WFRP rule book and Realms of Chaos so if you needed a deputy GM.
Hmm...I don't know that It'd really need a rules system as such, it'd probably be more free-form and cinematic, focusing more on the role-playing than combat, but if combat arises, I'll probably use a percentile roll, with modifiers according to things like: How proficient you are with the weapon, Whether you're a militay man, how well you describe it, what kind of armour they're wearing, and what body part you hit (I have a chart for that).

What do you reckon, should I start the OOC thread now? I think I have a fairly good idea of what to do.:)

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
As for the Warband. One champion One Liutenant (PC's) And then a bunch of followers. I can PM you a sample Warband if want.

As for the PC's the WFRP book has a detailed list of about hundred carrers ranging from Rat catcher to Mercenary (and many more careers on the internet).

I would say write up the PC careers you want people to play then PC's can choose which ones they want.

i.e they could get a choice of Ex-soldier Blacksmith Woodsman and Servant

These characters then get to advance all their carrers as they gain experience.
(that another thing you could run a couple of adventures each one brining them closer to the warband/cult).

Oh and although I prefer playing to GMing I pretty much Gmed every roleplay game I played from Call of Cuthlu to WFRP so I know how frustrating it is when the PC's just try to carve their way through every obstacle put in their way (hence why I wanted to play the warband champion so it acted in character)

The WFRP system is very simple btw
Every charactyer has a set of stats (I have put their maximums next to them. N/A means no maximum)
(M)-N/A
(WS)-100
(BS)-100
(S)-10
(T)-10
(W)-N/A
(I)-100-Initiative- used to spot things how fast you can attack reaactions
(A)-N/A
(Dex)-100- Dexterity how well you can handle things quick with fingers/feet. Sometimes used in NON combat situations instead of (I)
(Int)-100 Intelligence
(Ld)-100 Leadership used for commanding/intimidation
(Cl)-100 Cool- Measure of Bravery
(WP)-100 Will Power- For resisting magic and pain.

(Fel)-100-Fellowship, a measure of friendly personalityAND physical beauty.

Combat
1) Highest (I) gets first attack
2)Roll to hit (Ws or BS)
3)Roll to damage d6+St+ St modifer of weapon (doublehanded weapon is +2 foe example). if you roll a NATURAL 6 roll again and add the result (keep rolling if you add another six)
4)Minus Toughness, Minus Armour (Normal Mail is 1Ap for example)
5) Duuct wounds
6) if wounds are reduced to 0 roll on the Critical Hit Chart essentially the more of wounds you have taken past 0 the worse the effect (1 probably survive but damaged right up to 6 you will definitly die)
7) Work out (I) again minus 10 to any one who has already made an attack. Next highest (I) attacks next.

There are other rules but they are the basics.

Skills
Pretty intuative Example Carpentry allows the PC to make simple wooden objects (chairs etc) with the correct tools more complex may require a I or Dex test (prehaps both in some cases) with a modifier (usually +10)
Silent Move Rural allows the PC a +10 test to their I when making concealment rolls in rural enviorments etc
Pretty much any ability or talent found in real life is a skill in WFRP

Plus any character can attempt to use a skill they don't have but with a negative modifier and possible an additional Int test.
Its all up to the GM (you in this case) but having a basic framework of rules/stats maty make it easier for you to run.

Anyway i am up for it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would like to play this game with you guys, And from the sound of the plot i already have an idea fora character...

A young blacksmith Who Lives in a small village who has a birthmark in the shape of the two tailed commet... The reason he survived the attack is that he took up his hammers and mashed the leader of the warband and then left to pursue and kill them.

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Berny Mac said:
As for the Warband. One champion One Liutenant (PC's) And then a bunch of followers. I can PM you a sample Warband if want.
Yeah, that works.

Berny Mac said:
As for the PC's the WFRP book has a detailed list of about hundred carrers ranging from Rat catcher to Mercenary (and many more careers on the internet).
Cool, could you post a list of them (just the names), or at least the relevant ones (all then human ones basically).

Berny Mac said:
I would say write up the PC careers you want people to play then PC's can choose which ones they want.
i.e they could get a choice of Ex-soldier Blacksmith Woodsman and Servant
I'd say that they just tell me what they want to be, give me a good reason, and I'll either accept it or not. I won't bother writing up what they can go and what they can't, cos it limits creativity.

Berny Mac said:
These characters then get to advance all their carrers as they gain experience.
(that another thing you could run a couple of adventures each one brining them closer to the warband/cult).
Yeah I have the adventure planned out as to where it's going to go, there will be the main part in the Empire, and then the Frozen wastes (presuming you get there;) )

Berny Mac said:
Oh and although I prefer playing to GMing I pretty much Gmed every roleplay game I played from Call of Cuthlu to WFRP so I know how frustrating it is when the PC's just try to carve their way through every obstacle put in their way (hence why I wanted to play the warband champion so it acted in character)
That's cool, you can be the chaos champion, so far we have you, Brother Ares and Agate, and I haven't even started the OOC thread yet!;)

Berny Mac said:
The WFRP system is very simple btw
Every charactyer has a set of stats (I have put their maximums next to them. N/A means no maximum)
(M)-N/A
(WS)-100
(BS)-100
(S)-10
(T)-10
(W)-N/A
(I)-100-Initiative- used to spot things how fast you can attack reaactions
(A)-N/A
(Dex)-100- Dexterity how well you can handle things quick with fingers/feet. Sometimes used in NON combat situations instead of (I)
(Int)-100 Intelligence
(Ld)-100 Leadership used for commanding/intimidation
(Cl)-100 Cool- Measure of Bravery
(WP)-100 Will Power- For resisting magic and pain.

(Fel)-100-Fellowship, a measure of friendly personalityAND physical beauty.

Combat
1) Highest (I) gets first attack
2)Roll to hit (Ws or BS)
3)Roll to damage d6+St+ St modifer of weapon (doublehanded weapon is +2 foe example). if you roll a NATURAL 6 roll again and add the result (keep rolling if you add another six)
4)Minus Toughness, Minus Armour (Normal Mail is 1Ap for example)
5) Duuct wounds
6) if wounds are reduced to 0 roll on the Critical Hit Chart essentially the more of wounds you have taken past 0 the worse the effect (1 probably survive but damaged right up to 6 you will definitly die)
7) Work out (I) again minus 10 to any one who has already made an attack. Next highest (I) attacks next.

There are other rules but they are the basics.

Skills
Pretty intuative Example Carpentry allows the PC to make simple wooden objects (chairs etc) with the correct tools more complex may require a I or Dex test (prehaps both in some cases) with a modifier (usually +10)
Silent Move Rural allows the PC a +10 test to their I when making concealment rolls in rural enviorments etc
Pretty much any ability or talent found in real life is a skill in WFRP

Plus any character can attempt to use a skill they don't have but with a negative modifier and possible an additional Int test.
Its all up to the GM (you in this case) but having a basic framework of rules/stats maty make it easier for you to run.
I would use a system for it, but I don't know this one very well, so It wouldn't be too good. I really don't want a system for roleplaying skills (eg. Bluff, diplomacy etc.) or skills really, but combat could be a problem.

I think I'll just stick with my cinematic combat system, but if that fails, we may bring in a combat system. I just don't want combat to drag on for days and days, I like things to be quick, decisive and brutal.

I think I'll start the OOC thread soon guys, unless there is anything else you need to add?

·
Registered
514 Posts
so is this set in stone yet? i was going to suggest a vampire one, as the werewolf game has had such success, but there is no vamp alternative or mage one. im not even that familiar with the storyline, but it doesnt have to be the exact one from the game, but i could learn it if we decide to do it. if yall are set on warhammer, are we going to do it? if so how do i go about making a character.

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
iamspartacus said:
so is this set in stone yet? i was going to suggest a vampire one, as the werewolf game has had such success, but there is no vamp alternative or mage one. im not even that familiar with the storyline, but it doesnt have to be the exact one from the game, but i could learn it if we decide to do it. if yall are set on warhammer, are we going to do it? if so how do i go about making a character.
Yeah, I've already got the OOC thread started. If you'd like to join up, post your character in there, the rules are at the start, and you will have to join the survivors, not the chaos warband, so we have even teams, if that's okay.

Now I can finally start the game! Yay!:yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts