Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rying to find a decent way to convert a Rhino into a whirlwind. I could buy the sprue for it, but I want to know if there are any other ideas on how I could go about making one. I was thinking of using spare missile launchers to create a missile turret effect. Thansk in advance.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That has been done before, glue all your hunter killer missiles to the back in series.

If you don't have enough hunter killer missiles, try non-standard parts from toys or other games, it's amazing what will work. Have a look at some cheap toy tanks or something in a market, you might get a flash of inspiration.

Also try having a rumage through your friend's bitz boxes (with their permission of course), it's amazing what you can turn up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Whirlwind thoughts

THe Whirlwind as it stands in its role is similar to a MLRS vehicle fielded by the US ARMY - where MLRS stands for (and I'm paraphrasing for being rusty) Multiple Launch Rocket System. Frankly I favor the Hunter Killer route (parts can be found on the old IG Vehicle Acc. Sprue). You can also use Plastistruct (model plastic generic) tubing or either square or round shapes to make your own launcher. Don't forget to check Forge World for possible inspiration on their various missle launching platforms! Good luck and happy converting!

·
907 Posts
if you know any chaos players ask them if you can have their spare havock launcher bits then all you have to do is to get some plasticard and a razorback sprue.

all you need do then is to build a box round the havock launchers and attach it to the razorback guns, use the lascannon one as its easier as you'll have to clip off the barrels to fit the launcher on and the power cables can be attached to the box itself adding to the look of the model.

(as an alternative if you get enough havock launchers id clip the pods down the middle of the set of 6 remove one and now you have a set of 5 do this again and this will give you a different shaped box, more of a hexagon shape than the square variety. all you do then is to attach the piece to the razorback sprue in the same manner as above.)

·
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theres a hobby Shop right down the street that sells various military models, so i'll take a check in there at some point on the near future. I'll also start digging around friends bits and try to find some decent stuff. I doubt I'll be able to find any havocks, since I barely klnow anyone who plays Chaos... well not yet anyway, I know a friend who is thinking about it, but he needs to finish his Tau first.

Will definantly check the nearby store though, not a bad idea.

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
model air plane missiles can come in handy, or if you have one left over from a box of termies, a cyclone missile launcher

1 - 7 of 7 Posts