Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive done fantasy armies before but not too sure on character points allowances for empire- im going for a shooty magic army if this helps- any ideas/views

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you want a defensive magic/shooty army at 1000 points I would probably use a Warrior Priest and two level 2 Wizards. Pick out some magic items that have bound spells, this would probably flood your opponent with spells to try to dispel. Doomfire ring is always good!

Note: In games of 1000 points vs Dwarves you may struggle with magic as their extra dispel dice give lots of value in small points matches.

I generally play smaller matches and don't tend to focus on defensive gun line too much so any further advice would be me guessing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For my 2000 ive got:

wizard 135
level2
dispel scroll
wizards staff

Warrior priest 96
h.Armour & shield

Warrior priest 96
h.Armour & shield

captain of the empire 114
warhorse,barded,full plate,lance,shield
sword of power

All of these heroes accompany my semi competitive 2000 (not bought and open to debate - will be going in the army list forum fully in a minute) hope this helps:act-up:

10 HandgunersX2(maybe 1 with the wizard in?)

5 Inner circle knights(will inc. captain of the empire)
Standard

15 huntsmen

5 pistoleers

20 flagellants
(debatable weather to put 1 w/p in one of these)
20 flagellants

great cannon

great cannon

steam tank

10 great swords (id imagine the other w/p would go here)
standard

·
Registered
70 Posts
its a good gunline, My only questions would be about having 2 cannon, perhaps swap one for mortar, maybe. I would probably use fewer flagellants and boost my Greatsword unit to 20 instead. The wizard I would advise to ditch dispel scroll, purely on fact that you have 5 dispel dice, I would reinvest points from dispel and staff into Rod of Power, so you can either save dispel dice or power dice depending on if you are magic dominant or not, more flexible in a tourny list!

What are rough tactics, because the way i would use it, the knights + pistoliers go flanking and threaten the enemy rear (slowing their advance), whilst artillery find a nice cosy hill with greatswords + flaggies in front and handgunner on each flank,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.