Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets all pretend that its WH who are next not the stinky DE... what do you think would be in the batallion boxed set?

My guess:

10 plastic sisters (options for flamers or meltas/sprue should contain holic relic/spare icons etc)
1 Immolator
8 Plastic Seraphim (inc sgt and 2x flamer chick)
10 plastic ][ stormtroopers (plastic plasmaguns?)

About right/not enough?

·
3,395 Posts
So lets all pretend that its WH who are next not the stinky DE... what do you think would be in the batallion boxed set?
Most likely to be comparable to the SM box - 20 plastic sisters with a couple of special/heavy weapon sprues and a pair of banner bearers, 5 seraphim, and a rhino/immolator kit.

Alternatively, 10 battle sisters, 5 retributors(as a troops choice), 5 celestians, a canoness, 5 repentia with mistress, and a penitent engine/new heavy support vehicle.

·
(Un)Official LO Map Maker
831 Posts
I'd say AT's first one with the 20 gals. They'd want to show off the (hopefully) plastic sisters. I'm inclined to say Immolator, it's more iconic to the WH's. And 5 Seraphim, that's quite likely.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I'd agree with 20 Sisters, 5 Seraphim, and an Immolator, though for $90 it doesn't seem like a lot. Then again, I have always felt 40k Battleforces sucked compared to FB Batalions, which are a very solid addition/start to an army.

I would say am immolator over a rhino because the immo sprue is also the WH rhino sprue, and SoB have always been shown with that particular rhino. Other then that, I couldn't see much of a difference because witht hose 20 sisters you have any combination of units that don't need their own models. HOWEVER, this is GW we're talking about, so they will probably make models for them and charge you $20 more dollars for the difference.

·
831 Posts
$90! For a battleforce! In Australia, they're $150 (AUS, duh)! Goddamn it being on the other side of the world (literally) and everything has to cost so much.

I think the value is fine, for Australian costing (insert US costing later) it's $69 for 10 girls (the metal though, so it'd be different for the plastic obviously), $55 for an immo and 5 Seraphim is something like $75. That sounds like good value for money to me.

Yeah, I hate how they do that. Squeezing every damn dollar out of us. Like celestians, they'll release a special box for them, it'll just have new poses heads and some icons. Dominions, they'd just limit the number of weapons in the box and release their own. Retributors, again, they'd just limit the number of weapons. Seraphim on the other hand, would obviously need their own box, I can deal with that.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If/when they do release plasitc sisters, they'll most likely 10 to a box for $24.75, which is what the new Horrors are. However, I have to say that it doesn't feel like your get your money's worth AT ALL. I recently bought the new Pink Horrors and it was literally a single sprue cut in half and put into a box. Sure, it costs almost half as much as the used to ($25 for 5 metal), but at the same time, what I'm getting in the box is hardly worth $24.75...

Anyway, going off the cost of the newest plastics and the SM cost of Assault Marines for seras we have: $35 for the immo, $50 for the sisters, $30 for the Seraphim. That is $115, which is sadly about right for BF "savings."

If we get a battleforce with shiney new plastics, that is probably what you'd be looking at.

·
831 Posts
*checks white dwarf*
In Australia, horrors are $41 for a box of ten. Gee, that's funny. Our exchange rate is something like 89 US cents for an AUS dollar. Is something wrong or is it just me? It can be said that Warhammer players in Australia are particularly dedicated to their hobby. By my logic, a box that is $24.75 in US should be $27.80 here. That's just depressing, especially with a $13+ of transport thrown on every single box. They're making a killing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
While nothing compared to expensiveness of the metal Sister's models...the Tau have it bad.
$35 for 12 fire warriors...

edit..........................
The Tau battle force has far better savings though:
Individually would be about $150.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
346 Posts
While nothing compared to expensiveness of the metal Sister's models...the Tau have it bad.
$35 for 12 fire warriors...

edit..........................
The Tau battle force has far better savings though:
Individually would be about $150.
har!

Eldar Fire Dragons are $30 for 5.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
$50 for five terminators...and they are a valid troops choice, so I think that takes the cake at $$$/squad (wait...GKTs are probably even more!)

Anyway, doesn't GW have a habit of packing bundles (battleforces and battalions) with garbage that they can't otherwise sell? If we were talking metal models, I'd expect to see sisters toting storm bolters and multimeltas...

However, assuming that the models in question are done in plastic, I'd expect to see:

20 battle sisters with 6 heavy and 6 special weapons (so you can make one battle sister squad of 10+ and a single squad of anything else you like: doms, retribs, celestians, or more battle sisters)

5 repentia plus mistress

6 seraphim with one each twin hand flamers and one each twin inferno pistols (I expect modelers to give the weapons models one of each and declare before the game which system is actually in use, rather than having to buy more models just to get the right weapon on both arms)

an immo

Bought separately, looking at $110-120 US...so it's about right for a $90 box...players who plan not to use the repentia will find that the bundle is approximately $.05 cheaper than buying the models that they do plan to use separately.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know not many agree with me, but I prefer metal over plastic any day! I like the heavy feel and think they are easier to file/clean than plastic. It took FOREVER to file my Eldar Dire Avengers!
I started collecting Sisters when they first came out in 2nd Edition. imho still some of the best sculpts that GW has done. I'm grabbing up a bunch on eBay before they are gone.
Not sure about the exorcist though, while I really like the 'pipe organ' look, its' waaaay expensive and I hear a pain to assemble. Perhaps some whirlwinds with forgeworld sister parts...

Oh, and regarding the OP.
I think 20 sisters with a varity of special weapons, an Immolator, cannoness, seraphim, and perhaps a retribution squad would do nice.
Methinks they would want to keep it all SoB rather than including IG.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I agree about liking the heft of metal models, and I love my metal sisters and metal cadians to death. But...I'm coming around to liking plastics...I think plastic terminators blow the old metal ones out of the water, and I do like poseability of plastic multipart models, as well as the mix-and-match-ability of them...it's not as big a deal with my cadians, since there are about ten different models of basic guardsmen with lasguns, and you potentially only use five of them per squad (plus a sergeant, heavy weapons gunner, loader, special weapon, and vox operator), but with other armies, like SOB, you have 90% of your units composed of the basic battle sister model, of which there are, what, six variants, if that many? It gets very repetetive to paint, and looks very bland on the table top when you have 60 models, of which 50 are the same six repeated eight or nine times each. If metal came with at least 5-6 different torsoes (with or without the legs attached...but if detached, 5-6 different sets of legs), 8-10 different heads, and a few different pairs of arms for the basic trooper model, that would go a long way! OTOH, it's virtually impossible to mold multipart robed models, so I doubt that I'll be happy with any such model for sisters... It would have to be no more than four parts: Head, two arms, and dress (okay, assuming that the bolter is molded onto one arm and not counting the backpack).

·
Registered
63 Posts
In Australia, horrors are $41 for a box of ten. Gee, that's funny. Our exchange rate is something like 89 US cents for an AUS dollar. Is something wrong or is it just me? It can be said that Warhammer players in Australia are particularly dedicated to their hobby. By my logic, a box that is $24.75 in US should be $27.80 here. That's just depressing, especially with a $13+ of transport thrown on every single box. They're making a killing.
1 AUD = .93 USD. Since the product comes from the U.K., (1 USD = 1.07 AUD = .64 GBP) it's an awful time to buy products from them.

Economics lesson: A deflated currency means higher prices on exported goods. I do not wish ill on anyone, but the best thing for us GW consumers would be if the U.K. economy crumbled, followed by massive inflation. We could also improve our economy and increase the value of our own currencies. LOL! Yeah right!

Metal v. Plastic: I already have 50+ metal Sisters, why would I stop now? If plastics come out, hopefully the used metal price will drop. It's almost as expensive as buying new!

OP: Get over it, GW really really wants us playing Inquisition, not pure SoB. Battleforce would be 15 Plastic Sisters (5 are "Dominions"), (1 VSS bits), 10 ISTs, 4 Sisters Repentia with 1 Mistress, and a SM rhino with Sisters bits, no Immolator parts. Storm Bolter, Flamer and Grenade Launcher bits. No melta bits. Possibly an Inquisitor. It's what I'd expect from GW-- a barely useable battle box. Retail Price $119 USD.

My Prediction:
New plastic boxes -
Sisters of Battle Squad - 10 Sisters, Flame, Storm, VSS bits. $38.95
Retributor Squad - 5 Sisters with a heavy weapons sprue. $32.95
Celestians - 5 Sisters, Flame, Storm Bolter, Meltagun, different shoulder pads sprue or something else trivial. $32.95
Seraphim - 5 Sisters with a jump pack and hand weapons sprue. $32.95
Whirlwind/Exorcist will become the norm - this is called "increasing productivity." $44.95

1 - 13 of 13 Posts