Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have a special power what would it be and why?

I would want to fly

but i wouldn't turn down the power to manipulate magnetic fields ala Magneto or walk through walls like the comic book Shadowcat.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Honesty, the first thing that came to mind was a supreme and innate well, I won't go there. Suffice it to say mind control and powers of subtle influence are involved (well that combined with super human stamina, HAH! lets see who picks up on that one!)...

·
Registered
959 Posts
flying sounds good, but i'd like to have wolverines power to heal almost instantly. you'd live for ages and still be in good shape.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
How about being able to become invisible? Lotsa possiblities there... Neat way to play tricks on your mates and spy on people.
Also, you wouldn't have to pay to go to the movies ever again!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Not sure if this counts as a power, but I'd like to have that Obliterator techno-virus so I can run (okay walk slowly) around, morph whatever I like (no one said only weapons can be morphed, I'll just morph a fridge so I always have some cooled beers with me) and I'm virtually immune to most weapons. Sweeeeeet B) . Otherwise I'd have to join our static friend, freezing time would be very useful indeed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 5 2003, 05:56
Not sure if this counts as a power, but I'd like to have that Obliterator techno-virus so I can run (okay walk slowly) around, morph whatever I like (no one said only weapons can be morphed, I'll just morph a fridge so I always have some cooled beers with me) and I'm virtually immune to most weapons. Sweeeeeet B) . Otherwise I'd have to join our static friend, freezing time would be very useful indeed.
The Techno Virus is similar to the X men character Forge so it counts...

oh and immortality as in never getting old is a power but everything is destroyable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by chrispcarter@May 5 2003, 06:52
Flight would be a good one, simply to see the look on people's faces when you suddenly start floating above them :lol:
yea i was thinking Dragonball Z (i'm also an anime fan) but the shock value would be priceless i also wouldn't mind wings.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Okay, this is going to sound really sad, so bare in mind I'm an engineering student:
I would want the power to fix anything, instantly understanding all things mechanical in nature (or physics principles and so forth), maybe even being able to just instantly have whatever tool I want without having to carry any of them around. ("Oh darn, I locked myself out of my room, good thing I have my oxi-acetylene torch with me..." B) )

·
Registered
245 Posts
after losta thinking and dreaming,
i'd choose Time Control. Just imagine the possibilities! Time freezing, acceleration, ....
but some cool melee ability could be cool, like wolwerine, nightcrawler or some power like bullseye

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by LRSeriesIII@May 5 2003, 07:40
Okay, this is going to sound really sad, so bare in mind I'm an engineering student:
I would want the power to fix anything, instantly understanding all things mechanical in nature (or physics principles and so forth), maybe even being able to just instantly have whatever tool I want without having to carry any of them around. ("Oh darn, I locked myself out of my room, good thing I have my oxi-acetylene torch with me..." B) )
That gave me another idea... being made of liquid metal like the T1000 able to re-shape your body to make tools and stabbing weapons, shape shifting and nigh invincibility!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 5 2003, 09:14
LR, I have an innocent question here: do you worship the Machine God?
You'd think so wouldn't you? Oddly enough I'm the adeptus mechanicus nutt in town.

·
1,019 Posts
Any power?
hmmm....
Although time control sounds juicy, i'd want to be able to morph into anything. Think about it!
"Hmmm, here's alot of stuff i need to learn. I'll just move it into the computer, morph a datajack on my forehead and upload it."
Or.
"Hmmm, i need to get unseen from here to there, i'll just morph my body so it will bend light around itself."
And so on.

I would have agreed with the Obliterator Techno virus thingy, but doesnt that make you a robot? Enslaved to do the bidding of the one who made you? (Ref.material: Storm of Iron by Graham McNeill)

PrOtOcoN

·
Registered
190 Posts
Actually I don't think you need to be a robot...IIRC Warlock from the New Mutants could turn himself into anything he wanted...

As a side note, although a cool power, Immortality would suck. Sure you get to live for ever, but everyone you ever loved would grow old and die in front of your eyes, you would be bored after the first 200 years or so...

·
Registered
959 Posts
actually a cool power would be shape-shifting as in being a were-wolf. that would be cool, some one pisses you off turn into a wolf and tear them to peices plus you get insta-heal powers with it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.