Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can IG take allies? Like an assassian or some sisters.. or marines?.. I'm a Nid player and i think i'm sick of being a 'bad guy' and i want to 'cross into the blue' so to speak. I've been thinking about the IG... Being a nid player i've rarely lost to an Ig army... well ones without the big flamer tanks anyway... so I was just wondering what allies the IG can take... if any.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
You certainly can, the rules for Inquisitorial allies are in the DH and WH books. I havent got the WH one but with the DH there are certain troop types you can take after the compulsory FOC slots have been taken by the parent list (IG) which means that things like Grey Knights and Assassins can be chosen by IG armies- no heavy choices unfortunately so no Land Raider Crusader or Dreads :(

Alternitavely you can induct IG troops into a Daemonhunters force, subject to restrictions of course

·
2,399 Posts
Can IG take allies? Like an assassian or some sisters.. or marines?.. I'm a Nid player and i think i'm sick of being a 'bad guy' and i want to 'cross into the blue' so to speak. I've been thinking about the IG... Being a nid player i've rarely lost to an Ig army... well ones without the big flamer tanks anyway... so I was just wondering what allies the IG can take... if any.
In short you can have one of every troop type except heavy support - where you can have none, and troops, where you can have 2.
In both books assassains are elite (and quite rightly so!) but you must have a inquisitor - the only option there is as a command slot. They can add some much needed h/hand potential, a psychic hood (Oh yes! thankyou!) and the emperors tarot (or the emperors +1 on the roll to see who goes first as it should be called). They can prove to be expensive mind. Oh - one final note, the stat increases henchmen give them stay after the henchmen die - and read the FAQ for the additional weaponry they forgot to put in the armoury (e.g. boltpistols etc.)
They still have a sucky STR and Tghnss - try hammerhand & a combi melta or lightning claws & scourging from the Damon hunters codex - and bionics is always fun but they change between books - that's different for IG, WH, DH and marines all work differently.

·
Registered
166 Posts
how many of you actually use allies?

In one sense I like to be a purist, but in another I sort of think I am an idiot for passing up on the 3+ save, bolter carrying chicks of doom. Seems like I am just being stupid for not taking them sometimes.

I am considering taking a Inquisitor Lord and using the "counts as" rules to create a heretic guard army. Probably either Slaneesh or Nurgle (though nothing in the guard really has that nurgly toughness I woudl need to fulfill that feel completely)

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
I run mixed sisters of battle and imperial guard armies sometimes. Usually it's a Witch Hunter parent list with inducted guardsmen, but also sometimes an IG army with sister allies. The IG parent with allied battle sisters is really a better build, I just like my exorcists, so I prefer to play as a WH list most of the time.

·
517 Posts
I play IG with a mix of Adeptus Mechanicus. I get away with it by using Witch Hunter rules for the Ad Mech. It gives me the same stat line with a much more interesting background.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.