Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new to this site, and recently i've seen topics about Grey Knights allying Imperial Guard. Where is this rule in the IG codex? The only thing i've ever seen was, according to the Daemonhunters codex, the IG being taken as an ally in a daemonhunter army, but there are restrictions on what can be taken.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
The rules for using IG or SM with one of the Inquisition armies (DH and WH) can be found in either the Daemonhunters or Witch Hunters codecies. The rules are the same in either of those two books, so you only need the codex for whichever Inquisition army you wanted to add. Sadly, the rules are not included in the Space Marine or Imperial Guard books - but you *do* need one of the IG or SM codecies for the rules on their units. Blame GW and their greed for that little tidbit.

If you want a DH or WH army with allied IG, you are severly limited on what units you may take (few vehicles, no Doctrines, etc). Your DH or WH army has no limitations on what it may take, as it's the core force.

If you want an IG army with DH or WH allies, you are instead limited mainly to FOC slots. As in, you may take 0-1 DH HQ, 0-2 DH Troops, etc. Your IG army has absolutely no restrictions on what it may take, as it's the core force.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What are FOC slots?

As used above "If you want an IG army with DH or WH allies, you are instead limited mainly to FOC slots."

Sephe

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Force organisation chart(s).

It the chart that tells you how many units you can have in any given scenario. The minimum being 1 HQ and 2 troops.
The slots being the number you must have and are allowed.

Look at the missions in the rulebook, in that section are the force organisation charts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts