Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes. This is under the assumption that by unit it means the whole platoon so plz don't say it is over 1500 points coz according to my calculations it is 1495.

HQ

Heroic Senior Officer-Plasma pistol
Staff-Master Vox

2 Mortar support Squads

260 points

Elite

10 ogryns

250 points

2 Techpriests one with 3 tech servitors other with 2

140 points

Troops

2Platoons

4 Squads all with; plasma guns, vox caster

4 junior officers + staff

460 points

Fast Attack

1 Squad Sentinels
3 of them all lascannons

165 points

Heavy Support

2 basilisks both indirect fire

250 points

90 points worth of Doctrine upgrades

What do you think? It's a very shooty army and would mainly be for defence. The sentinels are in the front and will be tank hunting with the Lascannons. Ogryns for cc/. I think i got most things covered.

·
Registered
82 Posts
HQ

Heroic Senior Officer-Plasma pistol (give him a power weapon for 5 pts)
Staff-Master Vox

2 Mortar support Squads (mortar squad are gay and they suck)

260 points

Elite

10 ogryns (way two many in one squad, get some ratlings)

250 points

2 Techpriests one with 3 tech servitors other with 2 (why the *****ing hell would you need two tech preists if you only have two basilisks and a couple sentinals? Even if you repair them they are just going to get killed)

140 points

Troops

2Platoons

4 Squads all with; plasma guns, vox caster

4 junior officers + staff (do you mean 2 junoir staff, cause one junoir has 2 to 5 squads under him not 1)

460 points

Fast Attack

1 Squad Sentinels (how can i say this- sentinels suck ass and if you are going to have them for god sake brake them up into three squads)
3 of them all lascannons

165 points

Heavy Support

2 basilisks both indirect fire (unless you are a go guesser it might be smart to only have one with indirect

250 points

90 points worth of Doctrine upgrades (what the ***** do you mean? try to be clearer, if you want advise on how to spend points write what u spent it on.)

What do you think? It's a very shooty army and would mainly be for defence. The sentinels are in the front and will be tank hunting with the Lascannons. Ogryns for cc/. I think i got most things covered. (If you want a *****ing "shooting" army then get so ratling and lemon russes. Get rid of the engineers and split the ogrns into 5 man squads. If you are going for defense put lascannons and missile launchers in the squads)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It abit crap coz i was doing it in a very boring english lesson

·
Registered
374 Posts
Your list is ok, but Mortars are crap. I'd rather have lasguns than mortars.

2 Techpriests (or even 1) is unnecesary. And 10 Ogryns in one squad is just asking for some mad gunfire. Maybe 2 squads of 5 would work better.

Basilisks are good, but soft. Switch one for a Leman Russ or something.

And Sentinels are good. They are either regarded as weak targets and get shot at, distracting from the rest of the army; or get ignored. Very useful in either situation. But split them into 3 groups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.