Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i don't have much of money, i am looking for units that are good in Planetstrike but still cheap. I have enough guardsmen, but my troops are always shot up trying to break the bunkers. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
759 Posts
What you need are units to crack the bunkers, before overwhelming the men inside. Small units of stormtroopers are very good for this. Units of 5 with two meltas, using the 'Airborn Assault' mission. This will allow them to deepstrike on target, and then hit the bastions with their meltaguns. The odds of them cracking it open are pretty good. Veterans with meltas are again your friends for this sort of job. Plus they don't have to be expensive, as you can just use the normal guardsmen models. Demolitions is a handy doctrine as well.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
What you need are units to crack the bunkers, before overwhelming the men inside. Small units of stormtroopers are very good for this. Units of 5 with two meltas, using the 'Airborn Assault' mission. This will allow them to deepstrike on target, and then hit the bastions with their meltaguns. The odds of them cracking it open are pretty good.
Besides you can get 6 of these units as attackers, that should be enough to deal wioth the bastions, and under 650pts.

The Emperor Protects

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.