Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the gw site. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. Thanks

Ok, the premise is a platoon based on a present day riot control force. I think the new cadian helmet/flak vest look like riot gear. They will have the warrior weapons doctrine and COD. I need help finding sprues with shields similar to riot shields (think tower shield but more modern) and batons. I will probably alternate the poses with some having batons with holstered las pistol and vice versa with flamers and meltas thrown in. I will probably paint them like the orbital def detail in the codex with some added camo stripes.

I think they would be best in a rhino as a react team to counter assault squads and hold up the enemy. The idea of the UDP surging out of a rhino to meet a squad of Khorne Berzerkers to defend their city (and probably getting slaughtered) appeals to me (maybe I AM sick) muwahahahaha.

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions as to where to find the "riot shields" and more importantly the "batons" let me know. I figure at worst I can make the shields from wood (pretty handy with a scroll saw).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd say very thin plasticard might be best for the shields. If you want a clear shield, just use clear plasticard, just be careful what you glue it with so it won't go opaque. For nightsticks, how about 30 amp fuse wire, suitably tarted up with bits of sprue or modelling putty.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Malc

·
Registered
97 Posts
Awesome idea on a guard army, I really like that. Consider for the shield using the front armor plate of an Armageddon sentinel. It's metal, so it may be hard to work with, but it has a notch on the right side (perfect for sliding a lasgun under) and it has the imperial eagle on the front. It could be pretty good.

Ah! Looking at the armageddon sentinel page, you could get the Armageddon Sentinel Aerials (the communication thingies) and clip them to make little clubs/stick grenades. Each aerial has 2 antennae, and they're only $2.00. The shields are $2.00 each too, though they do look ideal. You could possibly attach them to the upper or forearm of your guardsmen to make a kind of arm shield or some such.

I'd love to see pics of your finished product, this just sounds great :)

You might consider for doctrines something like Light Infantry (for moving through cities), possibly sharpshooters, close order drill, veterans, and maybe some kind of restricted troop, like special weapon squads (mm... flamers).

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Very, very good idea!
I like it...
You say you need something like a riotshield.... do you mean like in the transparent ones?
If not have a look in the WHFB series... there has to be something there you can use.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was looking at some other table top games like void. There are some models for some of the people called junkers or somthing. There are some guys with a shield and a batton. Alright looking, but if you could put the arms on the guard infantry that would look pritty cool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im making guys with riot shields, *grinds teeth* However im putting mine on Celestians.

Just get from the old rhino those little shields off the front, they are perfect size and everything.

Cheers DNGP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.