Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems stupid to say I've seen the light on the most indestructible tank/transport in the game, but I've been down on the Monolith in previous posts and thought I should confess. If you read my feeble attempt at a battle report, you'll see why.

The last four games I've played (Inquisition twice and Mech Tau twice), I finally started deepstriking the Lith with a unit of Warriors in reserve. It's made all the difference. After a horrendous loss in which I sat the Lith in my deployment zone and literally did nothing with it, seeing it destroyed in Turn 3, I figured I needed to try something else. I don't like the risk of having the Lith not appear until too late in the game, and in my first game with Mech Tau we only got in four turns and it never arrived. I realized at the time, however, that if it did appear, I'd win. The value of the tactic has been twofold for me: 1. My gauss has a chance to eliminate dangerous tanks before the Lith arrives. 2. When it appears, I can either bring in my reserves (if they're available) or teleport a unit in. It's the most reliable way to get that precious rapid fire in, and I can usually bring in two units in consecutive turns. All of a sudden, by opponent is looking at a Lith and twenty or so Warriors right where he doesn't want them. Against Mech Tau, I have to bring scarabs, wraiths, and/or a DLord to tie up those Broadsides, but there is little risk in the other games I've played of losing the Lith before it does its job. I even hit with the Particle Whip for the first time ever! Most everyone in this group has said to use the Lith in exactly this way, but I've been too dense to listen. It's going to be my standard bulid from now on.

Weaf

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad that you have seen the light ;Y

A deep striking monolith is a very scary prospect to an opposing force, all of a sudden they have a very powerful vehicle admist their forces which is bringing troops within rapid fire range.

Now just think what you can do with 1 monolith, then try that with 2 monoliths, sure you have people scream out cheese to you, but what a hell of a mess at the end of it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ontop of the two, add Mr Deciever, and watch in horror as you deploy two (!!) monoliths with the opponent counter-deploying in the hopes to take them early..... until Mr Deciever redeploys them!

Aaaah, the bigger the games get, the more fun it becomes ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.