Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend (who is the main person i play with) has decided to play Blood Angels. He is using Mephiston as his HQ and is going mainly Assault with not many heavy weapons. I play imperial guard.

CAN YOU HELP ME???

Please give me some advice on what the Blood Angels are weak vs. Or what they dont do well...

·
Registered
20 Posts
yea its called use russ' and something called ordinance on his power arour guys

put a few squad ahead of your main force as fodder and keepp your heavy weapons back
if he has a black dread kill it fast cause its mean in cc
if his death company gets to cc your toast
stormtroopers with 2 plasma guns and a chimera w/ turret multi laser and hull heavy bolter will force im to take lots of saves and at a nice strenght should do some damage
plasma and ordinace vs marines is always a good idea

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,140 Posts
Leman Russes and Basilisks are your solution. They kill Marines quickly and Bassilisks can pin them as well. Take lots of infantry and spread them out so that he doesn't consolidate into the next squad when he massacres your squads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
Yeah, I play BA and andusciassus plays lost and damned sometimes - I really feel pretty much like a coward in these games - the basilisk, leeman russ and such are really intimidating. Just watch out for deepstriking meltaweapons!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I play using the BA rules so I can tell you very definitely that Ordinance is your friend. The more pie plates of doom you can throw at him the better. Don't discount your troops though. Flashlights may not be impressive individually but the more saves he has to take, the more chances he has to fail them.

Also, he is going to get into close combat with you. When that becomes inevitable, charge him instead - do not let him charge you! While your squad may be outmatched, if he gets the +1 Strength +1 Initiative +1 Attack that he will get on the charge, you'll really be outmatched.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
OH, one more thing, spread your infantry out by 7 inches, this helps keep the blood angle form consolidating into you. however, the death company MIGHT be able to considate into your squad, but only if they are led by a chaplain, with a grail, and even then he needs to roll high.

Number 1 target for ordance Death company IF led by a chaplain.
Number 2 target, Jump packs/honour gaurds
Number 3 rihnos/landraiders
number 4 general infantry

Number 2* If he has drop pods, make sure you kill them once they land.

st.germaine
Yes, there are female marines and my Sunhawks will let you know in a major way.
There arent any female space marines, the closest is sisters of battle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts