Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about a biel-tan army because i love all the aspect warriors, but i was also thinking about ulthwe b/c i would like to have farseer's and warlocks too. Could some of you give me some pointers on the strengths/weaknesses of biel-tan and ulthwe?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i play ulthwe so...

Ulthwe
pros: seer coucil is AMAZING, (36" mind war<drools>)
Black guardian defenders...BS 4 son the heavy weapons can hit on 3's
easy to paint(prime black and slap on some red :))

cons: u have ot take a seer coucil(why u wouldnt doesnt make sense to me)
not alot of aspect warriors( not fluffy if u take alot)

Beil Tan

pros:Alot of aspect warriors
good color scheme
Court of the young king is awesome too(avatar with 5 exarchs of yur choosing)

cons: kinda cheesy
harder to paint
really expensive because of all the aspect warriors

id go with ulthwe. the seer coucil is wat drew me in. and when u sue it it is onyl better...tool em up wiht witchblades and cast fortune on yruself and igve a warlock enhance...thats like 6-7 guys walking around wiht WS and I 6.

yur gonan hti on 3's, wound on 2's (wutchblades wound anythgin on a 2) at WS and I 6. you also have re rollable 4+invulverable saves!! cmon is great!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooo, i can't afford the expensive army. I bet you i can make ultwe hard to paint by highlighting ever edge with gray :D . Any whoo, i think i'll go for ultwe cause the last thing i want is a cheesy army... :rolleyes:

One more thing, is all of the craftworlds in the craftworld book or do each craftworld have their own codex?

·
Registered
31 Posts
"Any whoo, i think i'll go for ultwe cause the last thing i want is a cheesy army... "

Be careful then, with Ulthwe its really easy to create very cheesy armies. 36 guided BS4, S6, Ap2 shots a turn anyone?

I don't find Biel Tan cheesy, there is an art to using aspect squads effectivly.

Anyway, are you sure you don't fancy Vanilla Eldar? In tournaments etc they are often the most effective. Then you could take both seers and aspect warriors.

Top tip for Ulthwe armies; take an allied squad of Harlequins as an elites choice. With Harlies, Seer Council and a squad of Banshees you can be suprisingly powerful in assault, something most don't expect of Ulthwe.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
wat the solitaire or death jester?

i was thinking of getting a great harliquin and putting him wiht my banshees/scorpions(i field depending on who i play.) what do u think? oh and who is the guy in the harleguins who can assault 12 and for every inch he doesnt use, he gets that many attacks.? is that the death jesteR?

also would it be unfluffy to field harlequin allie wiht ulthwe? if so or not so please explain why...thx

·
Registered
226 Posts
the solitaire gets that assault ablity wich is crazy cuz he can get up to 11 atacks on the charge

·
Registered
178 Posts
you only should take harlequins if you are facing chaos... and to take a solitaire with out any troopers would be way beardy. the only thing that even remotly balances a solitaire is the str 3.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmm never thought about just a plain old Eldar army, although i think i'll finish off my CSM Army first. I just wanted to get some input on the Eldar for when i actually start collecting them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Originally posted by Salamander@Sep 19 2003, 11:03

Ulthwe
pros: seer coucil is AMAZING, (36" mind war<drools>)
Black guardian defenders...BS 4 son the heavy weapons can hit on 3's
easy to paint(prime black and slap on some red :))

cons: u have ot take a seer coucil(why u wouldnt doesnt make sense to me)
not alot of aspect warriors( not fluffy if u take alot)

Beil Tan

pros:Alot of aspect warriors
good color scheme
Court of the young king is awesome too(avatar with 5 exarchs of yur choosing)

id go with ulthwe. the seer coucil is wat drew me in. and when u sue it it is onyl better...tool em up wiht witchblades and cast fortune on yruself and igve a warlock enhance...thats like 6-7 guys walking around wiht WS and I 6.

yur gonan hti on 3's, wound on 2's (wutchblades wound anythgin on a 2) at WS and I 6. you also have re rollable 4+invulverable saves!! cmon is great!
this says it all, ulthwe rocks! I have a friend who plays biel tan, about 60% of his army is aspect warrioirs. He loses all the time, as he is outnumbered, out shot, and sometimes out maneouvred (i play tau). any way, depending on how you play, biel-tan can be expensive, cheesy 8| , and predictable.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, i've decided to go vanilla but i am painting them up in an ulthwè scheme if i ever decide to go craftworld.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.