Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just saw The Hurt Locker and any idea of making a SM army just vanished from my head, Imperial Guard are too cool to pass up.

----- HQ -------------------------------
1. Company Command Squad (50pts)

----- Elites ----------------------
1. Sly Marbo (65pts)

----- Troop ----------------------------

1. Infantry Platoon (150):
Platoon Command Squad

Infantry Squad
-Autocannon

Infantry Squad
-Autocannon

2. Veteran Squad (115pts)
-Demolitions,3x Flamer

3. Veteran Squad (115pts)
-Demolitions,3x Flamer

4. Veteran Squad (115pts)
-Demolitions,3x Flamer

----- Fast Attack ----------------------
1. Vendetta (130pts)

2. Vendetta (130pts)

3. Vendetta (130pts)

----- Heavy Support --------------------
1. Leman Russ Squadron (200pts)
- 1x Leman Russ Battle Tank, Pask

2. Leman Russ Squadron (150pts)
- 1x Leman Russ Battle Tank

3. Leman Russ Squadron (150pts)
- 1x Leman Russ Battle Tank

TOTAL: 1500

The Infantry Platoon and my Company Command Squad find a hill or some cover or something and shoot things. Same with my tanks. My Veterans use the Valkyries to fly around and deal with threats/take objectives.

I think it's pretty well rounded because I have an answer for everything, but I'm not sure about some of my configurations. How would you guys run the Veteran Squads/Valkyries? I figure with Demolitions AND Flamers they stand a pretty decent chance of taking on almost anything within reason.

But I'm just a scrub and I don't know shit so any advice/thoughts would be appreciated. Also I'm an English major so I probably messed my math up somewhere.

Is the list competitive?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would drop Pask and put some weapons in your command squads for heaven's sake! I would also upgrade one or two of the Russes to Demolishers.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Like the others have said,

Drop Pask. He's cool but the Normal Leman Russ will make no use of his BS4. He's better off in Varients that don't have Blast - Exterminators and Vanquishers. Ditch him and use those 50pts to get a Heavy weapon in your CCS and your PCS. I'd also think about putting a G-Launcher into your Infantry squads as well. They work well with Autocannons.

Putting Autocannons in your Command units will leave you 30pts. This is enough to bump up two Vet squads to have Melta guns instead of Flamers. Melta guns are stupidly useful nowa days with all the tanks people are using so i'd seriosuly consider getting them in your lists.

I'd also think about putting a G-Launcher into your Infantry squads as well. They work well with Autocannons. I'd also change atleast 1 od the Russ to a Demolisher as well for some Str10 and AP2 goodness.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Vendettas are not the greatest transports, they should firstly be a gunship, secondly a transport. I would add a special weapons squad with 2xflamers and a demo charge and put it in one of the vendettas, fill the pcs with flamers and put that in a vendetta, drop the 3rd vendetta and get your vets melta guns and chimeras.

I would also give your CCS camo cloaks and a heavy weapon of some kind, they sit with the guardsmen with auto cannons giving them orders.

As above drop pask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts