Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i read an earlier post about this but it didnt seem to have been concluded. Can an immobilized Walker still pivot its body in order to shoot? in the core rules it does say that walkers can pivot during the shooting phase which counts as not moving. but it also says in the immobilized section that an immobilized vehicle cannot move or pivot. so which takes precedence? personnaly i feel like the immobilized rules had tanks in mind when they say no pivoting. Walkers can still have their legs destroyed but they seem to have the tech to turn at their waist. well lemmi know what you guys think.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Pg. 57 of the BRB:
Pivoting on the spot alone does not count as moving, so a vehicle that only pivots in the Movement phase counts as stationary (however, immobilized vehicles may not even pivot). Note how it just says that immobilized vehicles may not pivot. Period. Thus, walkers that are are immobilized may not pivot at all.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Even though it cannot pivot, keep in mind that a walker has 180 degree firing arc so it can still cover a lot.

·
Orks_n_Bugs
1,388 Posts
Even though it cannot pivot, keep in mind that a walker has 180 degree firing arc so it can still cover a lot.
I think you're mixing this up with 4th ed. rules. On page 72 of the rulebook it's pretty clear that all weapons mounted on a walker have a 45 degree fire arc.

What's less clear is if they can still pivot in the shooting phase as that doesn't count as movement (regular vehicles can also pivot without it counting as movement but that must be done in the movement phase as far as I can tell, what makes walkers different is that they can do it in the shooting phase). RAW I'd say no, Immobilized says you can't pivot so you can't pivot, but I'd probably let an opponent do it as long as he wasnt being an ass.

Reactions: jy2

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
I think you're mixing this up with 4th ed. rules. On page 72 of the rulebook it's pretty clear that all weapons mounted on a walker have a 45 degree fire arc.
You are right. Should have double-checked, but I'm glad someone caught it. Thanks.

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
In either 3rd or 4th Ed rules, there was a straightforward clarification about this situation: the first immobilised result on a walker prevented it from moving any further, but its upper body could still spin round (as could the turret of a tank). However, a second immobilised result on the walker froze its upper body in place (as occurred with the tank's turret too), which meant that it could only fire in the direction its guns were facing (adding in the arc of fire, of course).

In 5th Ed, we don't have that situation clearly spelt out any more. Instead, walkers can pivot in the shooting phase - an additional rule to the normal vehicle rules - and the BRB does not say that 2 immobilised results mean that it can no longer do so. That to me suggests that the normal rules for 2 immobilised results are followed: the second one removes a weapon.

This is of course only my interpretation, but the rules do seem at first glance to accommodate it.

E.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts