Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little info that i've pieced together from my covenat files:

Aircraft are a potent fighting arm on the battlefield. They can bomb and strafe ill-prepared defenders almost with impunity, diving down to strike at them like a bolt of lightning. Roving squadrons of fighter-bombers are able to move quickly to attack enemy breakthroughs or silence artillery behind the foe's front line, as well as directly supporting attacks by ground forces. Fighters are also supremely useful for intercepting enemy flyers and keeping them away from vulnerable positions by engaging them in dogfights. However, aircraft invariably sacrifice protection for speed and most flyers are lightly armoured in comparison to battle tanks. Combat pilots have to be wary about taking too much incoming fire, or their fine craft can quickly turn into a flaming, earth-bound coffin.

The thunderbolt fighter
The Thunderbolt is well armed with autocannon and rockets for ground-attack and air-to-air combat, but it is this craft's remarkable durability which has always endeared it to its pilots. The plane itself is powered by two reliable plasma ramjets and its wings and fuselage are comparatively wellarmoured with armourplas and ceramite plates.

MARAUDER FIGHTER-BOMBER
The Marauder fighter-bomber is a much heavier plane than the Thunderbolt but its quad ramjets mean it is just as fast when it needs to be. The Marauder is designed for making slower attack passes than the fighters, picking off targets with its longer ranged weaponry. To deal with tanks, the Marauder carries a stripped-down battle cannon as its main armament, and this massive weapon occupies most of the forward fuselage area. The Marauder also carries missile racks slung under its wings, and a lascannon mounted in a turret.

·
Registered
6 Posts
or you walk in buy a fighta bomba go home and make it
Or like 2 GW staff i know, walk in and on a whim buy a warhound titan each (one takes 3 months to make, the other takes 4 months because of green stuff to make it into a alpha legion titan)and then use it to stomp someone (guess who)

·
Registered
290 Posts
heh, yeah i think forge world was made almost exclusivly for GW staff...

I know people who buy tank add on, armour and track covers, etc.

Still i agree, to damn expensive

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The Titans have been available since quite some time now I think. I doubt many ppl buy them though, I mean for that much cash you could get a decent army.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Too expencive although some of them do look quite cool.

They've got a model for almost every vechicle or monster or model mentioned in 40k history.
The problem then is where you are able to use them, who would agree on letting you field a titan against his... army of any sort, whatever.

Tell me, does anyone know how much, say a Valkyre transport model costs. I woulden't use the models for playing, rather just to have them...

Chin chin!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You're right, the next problem is finding ppl who'd let you use the darn thing! Hey now that I tihnk of it, they have a Warhound titan, but shouldn't they make the other models too :lol:? You'd need the entire gaming group to move around the Imperators!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That'll be cool.
Everyone is allowed 15k points in models, everyone gets at least 5 titans and you play the game in a parking lot :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
hmmm, can't find the URL to forgeworld, but do anyone knows if u can actually buy a titan? would be cool to use, and are there are codexes for them?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just saw the price for the GreyKnight Thunderhawk

£375 GBP!!!! WHO THE HECK IS GOING TO BUY THIS!!!???

THat is a months wages
one company of Space MArines.
A weekend in Paris along with your companion.

Anyone know of a person who actually bought this thing?
:blink:

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Yer. The staff @ my local Gamesworkshop. I GOT TO TOUGH IT! WOO I TOUCHED SOMETHING THATS WORTH MORE THAN ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.