Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the rules found in these books legal for use in games of 40k? Or can my opponent refuse to let me use the vehicles from it?
and are they worth getting? I know that they contain the rules for a lot of the existing tanks and transports, but i have also seen that they contain rules for things like multi melta razorbacks, which could be useful
what type of things do they contain?

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Your opponent may refuse to play against anything in IA, you need permission to use IA stuff.

They have some very cool units and models, but they generally give the army they are for a real edge so you need permission to use them.

They contain some really cool rules, things like for dreadnaught variants, land raider variants, eldar super heavies, titans etc.

The coolest unit by far IMO is the thunderhawk gunship, it is really a super flyer and makes drop pods look slightly pointless.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The_Outsider is correct.

I would just like to say that keep in mind, that most of the non super heavys they made up themselves are way too expensive points wise. So you should only consider using them for fluff games.

good luck

-Cypher

(WOOT, fist post in 5 months)

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
If you play friendly gmaes there would probably be none complaining that you use an Griffon Heavy mortar, Leman Russ Vanquisher or an Eldar Nightspinner but in most tournies these things are not allowed.
And to ad, if there are rules for an thing in the standard codex (for example, drop-pods) and there is no GW-produced model, it is still okay to use an FW drop-pod. And to use an Leman Russ variant and use it as 'counts as Leman Russ Battle tank' is always ok IMO.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks guys. You've been real helpful, i might get one, but i still can't get over the price.

I mean £55 thjats a bit over the top. Ill have to try and get one off of eBay.

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
eBay is not any better. FW products sell for almost as much on eBay as they do on the FW site, and at least the FW site will ship on time and you will get a brand new product rather than someone elses used crap.

Honestly, what me and my friends do is save our money and make one HUGE order every couple of months so that we all save on shipping. It's the best way to go.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The Imperial Armour books are... disappointing. I hunted down a copy to look through and was very glad I didn't spend the money. Your best bet would be to see if you can find someone who has it, look through it and see if you find anything you like. Unless you get really excited by pictures of Predator Annihilators... meh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts