Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide some info/ideas about these IA tanks - meaning, are they worth the points, how do they play, and tactics for using them?
I only have IA2, and I wanted to know a bit more about these before I go around buying more of those expensive books and models.
-Bombard
-Manticore
-Grenadier Centaur (Can these even be taken by normal IG? If not, then comments aren't necessary, since I probably won't be playing Krieg anytime soon in the foreseeable future)
-Medusa
-Command Salamander

I'd also appreciate comments about the effectiveness of both the FW and AC versions of the Destroyer Tank Hunter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Of those listed, I can only really comment on the Medusa Siege Gun and on the Centaur. And kind of on the bombard.

I'd always take a Medusa, as a direct replacement for a basilisk. The immobile medusa is the same costs as a basilisk, which you never want to move anyway unless in dire circumstances, but you get both increased strength and AP value. It's capable of decimating anything on the board. Plus, another likeable factor is that although it has a low armour value, any deepstriking melta weapons hell bent on taking it out have a higher chance of taking out a crew member when allocating a hit - and you can keep firing until the last man is down.

The Centaur is a lightly armoured troop carrier for Krieg Grenadiers. As far as I know it can't be taken for regular guard - though I assume you could if use it for regular stormtroopers. I haven't got round to buying one, but I will be doing so at some point. It's fast and turns otherwise not very mobile Grenadiers into not bad tank hunters or objective takers.
[Mods - I hope I haven't contravened forum rules here, as I haven't included troop capacity or any points/stats! Happy to change immediately if so]

I'd never find myself using a bombard, I think there are much better artillery pieces available. It's got a nice big blast of course, but due to "slow rate of fire" special rule it just doesn't seem practical when there are so many other artillery options for the guard.

Hope that's helpful.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Quite, I can only comment on the Command Salamander and Medusa :):
A Lightly Armed veichle with TwinLinked Heavy Flamer, Not generally used for Reacon (Thats the Scout Variant's Job). The Salamander command vehicle is one of the many vehicles based on the flexible Chimera chassis. Armoured Company command sections are often equipped with the Salamander Command vehicle, allowing them and their Chimera borne infantry keep up during an assault and support the tanks. It has the troop carrying abilitys of a Chimera just open topped and with a Flamer, In armoued Companys its used to transport the HQ unit into battle.

Medusa:
Seige warfare is common place in the battle-zones of the 41st millenium. Many heretics and rebels seek refuge behind the thick walls of a city or fortress. However few walls are thick enough to resist the pounding of the Medusa's siege gun. In basis a Basilisk just with a heavier Seige weapon, generally best used when enemy Infantry are taking cover in Buildings. Reccomended if your fighting a Cities Of Death Battle.

- Note On Bombard: You'd be better off sticking with a Basilisk if you plan on buying any Artillary unit, the Basilisk is more Diverse again Infantry in a close formation or Tanks.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd always take a Medusa, as a direct replacement for a basilisk. The immobile medusa is the same costs as a basilisk, which you never want to move anyway unless in dire circumstances, but you get both increased strength and AP value. It's capable of decimating anything on the board. Plus, another likeable factor is that although it has a low armour value, any deepstriking melta weapons hell bent on taking it out have a higher chance of taking out a crew member when allocating a hit - and you can keep firing until the last man is down.

I guess I'm not really sure what you mean here?
The way you mentioned it, the Meusa sounds like a gun platform/support weapon/etc. Although I don't have the rules yet, based its pic, I would say that its mobile and takes damage the same way a normal open-topped vehicle would... :?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I see; that makes sense now :C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.