Librarium Online Forums banner

Do you use Forgeworld's Imperial Armour supplements for your WH40k games?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious to find out how many people use the Imperial Armour updates, which has for example adjusted the price of the Rhino to that of the new SM Codices.

·
3,395 Posts
I'm just curious to find out how many people use the Imperial Armour updates, which has for example adjusted the price of the Rhino to that of the new SM Codices.
When i'm taking repressors.

Overall the IA2 update makes sister more expensive because it bumps up the cost of extra armour without changing the base price of the immolator or exorcist.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
On occasion yes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi all! I voted 'No' because I've never bought any Forge World stuff yet. But I want to get some of their Sisters of Battle kits. The Repressor looks really nice! I like the GW Pipe Organ Exorcist best, but now I think I'd like 2 Forge World ones to go with it, to make the GW one stand out even more:)

---Frankie

·
3,395 Posts
Hi all! I voted 'No' because I've never bought any Forge World stuff yet. But I want to get some of their Sisters of Battle kits. The Repressor looks really nice!
I bought a repressor kit last year, it seemed just slightly too small to fit on the chassis, I had to file down parts of the rhino to fit with the resin pieces.
I've a second one in the post so i'll know soon enough if the tight fit is normal.

It's worth noting that both of the forgeworld kits come with a rhino rather than an immolator chassis so you don't get all of the iconography (FW are obviously interested in selling their own door pieces).
Regular GW immolator (and exorcist) kits come with enough parts to decorate two tanks though.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It's worth noting that both of the forgeworld kits come with a rhino rather than an immolator chassis so you don't get all of the iconography (FW are obviously interested in selling their own door pieces).
Regular GW immolator (and exorcist) kits come with enough parts to decorate two tanks though.
This is why I haven't bought forgeword yet. Immolators cost the same as a space marine Rhino, can be made into a better looking rhino (I like the canopy better), comes with tons of decorations, and can be swapped with an immolator at any time. Win/Win

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
See, what would bother me is if someone compared each unit in both books, then took the cheaper price for each, mixing and matching the books for maximum advantage. If IA is to be allowed at all, using it to get a cheaper rhino is weak sauce. I'd have no problem with someone fielding a repressor in a friendly, since it's not in the codex but is a cool and characterful toy for nuns with guns...but if someone comes around with "here's my 2000 point sisters list, but I used a cheaper price out of IA for my six rhinos, allowing me to field an extra squad" or whatever, I'll send him packing. That's just as bad as using the DA codex, but taking 3++ storm shields out of C:UM. If there's a price for it in your codex, you pay that price. No free lunches. Hell, I ran a 9-chimy guard list under the last IG codex...but I was known to bring out a manticore on occasion just for fun.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See, what would bother me is if someone compared each unit in both books, then took the cheaper price for each, mixing and matching the books for maximum advantage. If IA is to be allowed at all, using it to get a cheaper rhino is weak sauce. I'd have no problem with someone fielding a repressor in a friendly, since it's not in the codex but is a cool and characterful toy for nuns with guns...but if someone comes around with "here's my 2000 point sisters list, but I used a cheaper price out of IA for my six rhinos, allowing me to field an extra squad" or whatever, I'll send him packing. That's just as bad as using the DA codex, but taking 3++ storm shields out of C:UM. If there's a price for it in your codex, you pay that price. No free lunches. Hell, I ran a 9-chimy guard list under the last IG codex...but I was known to bring out a manticore on occasion just for fun.
Thanks for the reply! That's what I was looking for.. It irks me slightly that some of the other codices are given updated wargear, yet the older codices are being left in the dust. I think it's safe to assume that when the older codices are updated, all rhinos will be priced the same, and PotMS and SS will all have the same effect.. And yet, it will take GW an inordinate amount of time to update all of the remaining codices. Not complaining about that, they're working on them, but the method of release has left me wanting. Personally, I would have no problem allowing a player to use IA just for Rhinos in a friendly non-competitive game. Anything competitive (even friendly) is strictly by the codex, though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all! I voted 'No' because I've never bought any Forge World stuff yet. But I want to get some of their Sisters of Battle kits. The Repressor looks really nice! I like the GW Pipe Organ Exorcist best, but now I think I'd like 2 Forge World ones to go with it, to make the GW one stand out even more:)

---Frankie
This is my plan too, except me and a spacemarine buddy who need rhinos are going to split the cost of a whirlwind- he pays the price of the rhino and I make up the difference; he gets the entire rhino kit while I keep the whirlwind launcher so that I can add it to a sister's rhino. The total plan is to see if I can magnetize the turret in order to be able to use it as a rhino, and immolator or an exorcist depending on my army build. But my pipe organ is still going to be the centrepiece of my army... If I ever get around to the interminable greenstuffing necessary to make the kit fit together.

As for using Imperial Armour, I'm of the same mind as you guys- if you're going to do it, you have to go hardcore. If I use Forgeworld rules to get cheap rhinos and field repressors, then I have to use all of forgeworld rules and my opponent does the same.

·
3,395 Posts
But my pipe organ is still going to be the centrepiece of my army... If I ever get around to the interminable greenstuffing necessary to make the kit fit together.
I've not gotten around to mounting my launchers yet - did you have to file down the back of the immo to get them to fit?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The back and some parts of the sides. It also doesn't help my speed that I've gone crazy over LEDs. I have two on the exorcist- one under the organist's keyboard and another that illuminates the servitor's pit- that one was a pain; I actually made two cutaways in the metal pit, mounted the LED on the outside area between the cutaways and built a foil reflector to help direct the glow back into the pit. The idea is that the lights themselves are invisible, but the glow should make the organist look ethereal and other worldly while the servitor should look sinister. I actually have the lights installed, but I don't have the switches or the battery clip connected yet.

I've got LEDs in two of my penitent engines too- same thing, the light is installed, but no switch or battery clip. I need to build up the bases in order to make room for it.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I didn't have to do any cutting for mine, but I did have to greenstuff some gaps...

·
Registered
625 Posts
ya its a good idea to find a way to make those damn organs fit, i cant tell you how many times the table gets bumped, the organs fall off onto the floor and break. on the flip side im getting good at fixing them, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts