Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here is my Imperial Guard 2,000 point army list for annihilation against the chaos space marines.
All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

HQ
Company Command Squad x2 405 points
8 plasma guns, 2 plasma pistols, 2 chimeras, extra armor

Elite
Storm Trooper Squad (5 man squads) x3 315 points
6 melta guns, plasma pistol

Troop
Veteran Squad x2 360 points
6 plasma guns, 2 plasma pistols, chimera

Heavy Support
Medusa x3 420 points
3 heavy flamers, 3 bastion breacher shells

Tactics and other notes:
Most of my army is moving forward into the enemy except the Medusa's I keep them back in cover and fire away.The only time I move my Medusa is to take out infantry squads because the cannon only has a range of 36". I deep strike with my Storm Trooper Squads and get to enemy armor close as possible. Then just rapid fire on squads with plasma from inside the chimera's.

The units that do the most damage when I play are the Medusa's and the Company Command Squads. When I play I always take out all my opponents armor with ease and about 2/3's of his infantry but somehow the game always ends in me having 2-3 models from my company command squads and my opponent will have about the same in terminators every game we play. Any help or suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Your list is certainly different, but i enjoy using and playing interesting lists so i wouldn't try to change to much. Just a few unimportant things catch my attention. Extra Armour is almost always a waste of points, this 30 points would be more useful elswhere, such as enclosed crew compartments for your Medusae. I would also drop all Plasma Pistols, they are useful, but those 70 points could be spent on better things, especially considering the amount of Plasma in your list. Speaking of Plasma, i know you will be vsing MEQ and Plasma is brilliant against them, do you think you have too much? I would consider changing a single Vet squads loadout to Meltas. This would also save another 15 points. With those changes, you would have an extra 115 points to spend on your choice. They are my suggestions anyway and i hope you find some of them useful :).

Edit: I noticed that you mentioned your Medusae have a maximum range of 36". With Bastion Breacher Shells you have a range of 48" and once purchased you must fire them every round.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If possible i would add more Troops selections to your list, only 2 choices at 2000 points is a little light on. If it was an objective mission, i would just target those two squads and wipe them turn 1, leaving you unable to capture objectives. Something else to think about.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just realized I made a 1,500 points army list. Anyways yeah I was going to add more troop choices. I'm playing tonight here is my new list.

HQ
Company Command Squad x2 330 points
8 plasma guns, 2 chimeras

Elite
Storm Trooper Squads (5 man squads) x3 315 points
6 melta guns

Troop
Veteran Squad x2 310 points
6 melta guns, 2 chimeras

Platoon Command Squad 50 points
4 flamers

Infantry Squad x5 285 points
commissar

Fast Attack
Armored Sentinel x2 150 points
2 plasma cannon

Valkyrie 100 points

Heavy Support
Medusa x3 465 points
3 heavy flamers, 3 bastion breacher shells, 3 enclosed armors

·
Registered
199 Posts
When you say PCS with 4x Heavy Flamers, I'm sure you mean regular flamers, right?

This list looks great to me. It is a gun-line with forward moving aspects, just like my dream list!
Do you squadron the Medusas or are they three single units?
Are you not taking any special- or heavy weapons for you infantry?

Personally, I think that having 3 Storm Trooper squads with meltas, as well as two MeltaVet squads AND Medusas is too much. The Medusas have short range, so I'm all for either Storm Troopers or ChiMeltaVets to take out the backfield, but do you really need all of this?? Keep in mind, I have never played a list like yours so I would't know. It just seems to me that having the ability to take out 8 Heavy Armour Vehichles per turn is a tad bit over the top.

I am really interested to know how this list works out. Please let us know how the triple Storm Troopers fare in your game, as well as the triple Medusas. Hope you don't face any hoard armies soon....

Cheers.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah 4 Flamers in the Platoon Command Squad. When we played our game we switched it up and played a 4,000 point game with 2 army lists so we had double the choices for the HQ, Elite, Troop and all that. We played until one side had no one left to fight with. So I just doubled everything on my list.

I didn't squadron the Medusas cause I only took 3 of them per army list and it would make them weaker in a squadron because a 4 on the damage table would blow them up if they were in a squadron. I didn't take any special upgrades for the infantry squads they were mainly there to soak up damage. The Storm Trooper Squads were the best 5 came in the first turn they could deep strike in and 5 out of 6 hit on target and blew up his transports and the other veteran squads took out all his other transports the Medusa didn't get a chance to blow any vehicles up but took down a lot of infantry. The Company Command Squads killed a lot of infantry too. In the end I won with both my infantry platoons at full strength they got stuck in the back because I need my Chimeras to get to him fast as possible and other vehicles. I still had all 4 Chimeras with my Company Command Squads left at full strength and I had 3 Medusas unharmed. We played a normal 2,000 points game the next day and I used this army. It still did great the infantry platoons did not survive as well and all the vets and storm troopers got killed but everything else didn't. I'm pleased with this army it has won 5 straight games in a row.

My tactics
I moved the Chimeras with the Veteran Squads out in front first with the Company Command Squads Chimeras behind them. That way the Veteran Squad melta guns firing from the hatch of the Chimera could take care of any armor and give cover to my Company Command Squads. Then the Company Command Squads plasma guns could finish off the squad from the destroyed vehicle from inside the Chimera. I kept my Medusas back most of the game shooting at infantry squads. The Storm Trooper Squads I just used as a sacrifice to kill armor just like the Veteran Squads. Pretty much everything could have been sacrificed except the Medusas and Armored Sentinels. I moved my Armored Sentinels up behind my Chimeras so they could help take a squad out with the plasma cannon. I kept my Valkyries back the whole game shooting at demon princes. The Infantry Platoon ended up behind everything because I could barely fit everything on the table. For the 2,000 point game I did the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts