Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a fan of highly mobile, elite lists. I feel this army list reflects that the best!

Please review this, don't be afraid to be mean. I want to you to exploit EVERY weakness you see in my list.

Fluff/theme

I like to try to come up with a background theme for my army. I will probably be using the Death Korps models for the Infantry squads.

4th war for Armageddon.

After losing Ghazghkull in a chase with the black templar, Yarrick returns to Armageddon (silly umes! Dey was not as fast as da Ghazghjull!). He arrives in a sea of chaos. It seems that all of the blood shed on the planet caught the attention of the demon gods and they want their share. An inquisitor and a force of grey knights descends on the planet. The inquisitor heard how Yarrick defended the planet so brilliantly before and will need someone with his kind of knowledge.

The inquisitor has put a force of the most elite soldiers Armageddon has to offer. They are the plants only hope.

HQ

Yarrick

Elites

Marbo

Inquisitor w/ psychic hood
x2 mystic
x2 hierophant
Multimelta servitor

Fast attack

x 2 Vendetta

Troops

Grey Knight Squad
Justicar with frag grenades melta bombs and targeter
Grey knight with incinerator
Grey knights x 6

Grey Knight Squad
Grey knights x 6

Veteran Squad
Melta x 3
Chimera

Veteran Squad
Melta x 3
Chimera

Veteran Squad
Melta x 3
Chimera

Veteran squad
Sergeant Harker
Sniper veterans x 3
Missile Launcher
Chimera

Heavy
Leman Russ /w lascannon
Leman Russ /w lascannon
Leman Russ /w lascannon

66 bodies
4 chimeras
3 leman russ tanks
2 vendettas

Yarrick gets attached to one of the GK squads. Both squads go in the Vendettas.These units are going to be absolutely brutal.

Inquisitor gets the sniper squads chimera and protects rear from deep strikers.

Sniper squad camps on home objective. Harker gives them a +1 to their cover save an allows them to infiltrate.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
this thread belogns in the imperial guard lists section. throws out some magic dust and says the magic words *mods mods and mods away :D.lol
thanks
antique_nova

·
1,648 Posts
Hey, like the look of combining DH in here, I do the same every now and then.

Well, if it's for fluff then okay, I guess. I don't like him him really, doesn't seem worth 185 points. He really doesn't give that much of a bonus to the Grey Knights as they are already fearless.

Marbo is a good choice, but has more of an effect in smaller games.

Inquisitor w/ psychic hood
x2 mystic
x2 hierophant
Multimelta servitor
It looks like you are using the hierophants to boost this guy up to LD 10 for the Psychic Hood right? If you're that's what they are there for, you're 9 points short of an I-Lord. We don't you just upgrade him for improved stat-line since the point are close enough?

x 2 Vendetta
Vendettas are good and pack a punch, they also have good synergy with the Grey Knights on board. The Vendies wreck the transports and the GK get the squishy bits inside.

Grey Knight Squad
Grey knights x 6
Really these guys are going to be in the Vendies for a while if you don't get first turn. The meltabombs are a good safety net, but I'm thinking the melta-bombs and targeters can go unless you honestly don't have anymore points to spend.

Remember while these guys are decent in CC, they aren't the best. A dedicated CC unit like Banshees will maul them. PAGK are actually better sitting back at 24 inches pouring stormbolter shots into the enemy while under the protection of The Shrouding.

Veteran Squad
Melta x 3
Chimera
Good, very good.

Veteran squad
Sergeant Harker
Sniper veterans x 3
Missile Launcher
Chimera
You said these guys are going to hold the home objective? You won't even be using Harker's infiltrate ability, then. You can get the +1 cover save easily enough from the Forward Sentries Doctrine for a lower price, the loss of a single heavy bolter isn't a big loss.

If you are going to take Harker, use him for what he does best, sneak along in cover and fire on the move. This means taking 3 grenade launchers or flamers while darting from cover to cover and being a general pain-in-the-ass.

Snipers suck, IMO, neither rending or pinning are reliable.

Missile Launchers are a bit too general for my tastes. You can take it if you like, but I'd prefer and autocannon.

Leman Russ /w lascannon
Leman Russ /w lascannon
Leman Russ /w lascannon
First things first. Lascannons are a no-no, why the heck would you have these guys shooting at Tanks, even with re-rolls they are fairly poor at killing AV13-AV14 with the battlecannon and the lascannon isn't much better (if it actually hits with BS3).

Standard Russes aren't that great in my opinion either. Here is what I'd do, switch two of them over to Demolishers with heavy flamers on the hull. Nothing else.

Drop the other LRBT and put in a 2 or 3 Hydras. At the moment your list is lacking in the anti-transport department, and Hydras excel at that. They can also put wounds on MCs and throw out enough shots to deal with medium troops and thin hordes a bit. On top of that, they are so cheap that immobilized results for squadron rules aren't too big of a concern.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Alright mate,

HQ:
Nice. He's fluffy but he realy isn't that great for the points.

ELITES:
Loose the M-Melta on the servitor. He just makes the whole unit static. You might aswell just grab a Psycannon so he can fire from a Chimera. You can always find the points to get Yarrick a Chimera and just move the Inq in it on the first turn to keep him alive.

Plus what Hockeyman said.

TROOPS:
Grey Knights. With all those Melta guns around do you really need those Melta Bombs? I'm sure you can find a use for those points elsewhere.

Melta Vets are fine.

Harkers unit. First off change those S-Rifles to G-Launchers. S-Rifles suck. Is their Chimera going to the Inquisitor? If not then ditch it. There's no point buying harker for all those skills and then buying them a transport where he can't use them.

FAST:

Personally i'm not a fan of Vendies as troop carriers. You want to be hanging back with these and blasting transports from a distance. To do that you want to only be moving 6inches so you can fire all 3 Cannons. That means getting those G-Knights close conflicts with their role. I'd suggest Valks but your list could do with AntiTank power so i'll leave aone. It's something to think about anyway.

HEAVY:

Same as Hockyman really. Grab 2 Demolishers and 2 Hydras for Anti-Tank power.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
i thought i would echo hockeyman and lord_boraks comments to back them up, so that you know what's good and how to build a more competitive list.
thanks
antique_nova

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.